Windows 10: System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running

Discus and support System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How does one copy and save the list of programs/drivers/files/whatever that comes up when you have System Restore "scan for affected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by katrenco, Aug 7, 2022.

1. katrenco Win User

System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running

How does one copy and save the list of programs/drivers/files/whatever that comes up when you have System Restore "scan for affected programs/drivers/files/whatever" prior to running the Restore process? Or, perhaps there is a log file somewhere hidden in some deep dark place that already has that information saved. If so, where so? Maybe it can be accomplished with screen shots, but I've not figured out how to do a screen shot within Windows, or at least not olf that image/list. Could someone instruct me on how I would do that if neither of the above are possible? Surely, ther

:)

katrenco, Aug 7, 2022
  2. nicdaniau Win User

Scan a Restore Point for affected programs with PowerShell

Using the System Restore GUI, it is possible to select a Restore Point and click on the button "Scan for affected programs". This returns two lists:
    - Programs and drivers that will be deleted
    - Programs and drivers that might be restores

I already know how to list the restore points from PowerShell with Get-ComputerRestorePoint.

Is there a way to output these two lists from PowerShell for a given Restore Point?

System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running WQAPN.png

System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running fQ6bO.png

System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running iIBTR.png

nicdaniau, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 wont boot, repair, reset, or system restore

Hi,

The issue occurs due to an
    unfinished update process which
    corrupted the system files. We suggest that you try these troubleshooting
    methods and run the update again:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while
    to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 7, 2022
  4. Martmcd Win User

System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running

where is the "System Restore Points" saved?

click start, type system restore and press enter

click the system restore button then click next - this will display a list of restore points

highlight a restore point and click the scan for affected programs button - this will give more information about the restore point.

use the cancel button to back out without making any changes.

Martmcd, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

1. System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running - Similar Threads - System Restore copy

2. System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running: How does one copy and save the list of programs/drivers/files/whatever that comes up when you have System Restore "scan for affected programs/drivers/files/whatever" prior to running the Restore process? Or, perhaps there is a log file somewhere hidden in some deep dark place...
  3. System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore - copy & save info from SR scan for affected prog, etc prior to running: How does one copy and save the list of programs/drivers/files/whatever that comes up when you have System Restore "scan for affected programs/drivers/files/whatever" prior to running the Restore process? Or, perhaps there is a log file somewhere hidden in some deep dark place...
  4. Does System Restore affect Chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does System Restore affect Chkdsk?: If I System Restored to a point before I ran a Chkdsk with repairs, will that Chkdsk's alterations be reversed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-system-restore-affect-chkdsk/dbe37624-7ce8-4414-afca-896f748150ee
  5. Does System Restore affect Chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does System Restore affect Chkdsk?: If I System Restored to a point before I ran a Chkdsk with repairs, will that Chkdsk's alterations be reversed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-system-restore-affect-chkdsk/dbe37624-7ce8-4414-afca-896f748150ee
  6. System restore mysteries / shadow copies etc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore mysteries / shadow copies etc: Hi, New Windows 10 user here. Have Googled/Binged around and still a bit puzzled about this. So, System Restore is defaulted to "Off" in Windows 10. I understand some of the reasons for this, but still find it a useful tool. I left it like that, since it's still fresh and...
  7. Need some info on system restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some info on system restore: How long does a system restore take. It’s been almost 30 mins and want to know how long this might take until it is done. submitted by /u/LSpidervinny [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gm9gqr/need_some_info_on_system_restore/
  8. Prior Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prior Restore Point: I am wanting to take my computer back to a previous date, how can I do this? The only restore date that comes up is for today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prior-restore-point/f83e66ca-4457-468e-87f3-0659003b27a7
  9. Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge: Hi there Is there any way to copy the stored passwords / account information saved in IE11 to edge I've a couple of account logins (not Banks I hasten to add) on some sites where I can't remember all the details -- logon automatically in IE11 but I need to try EDGE a...
  10. BLUETOOTH, where are files prior to save to folder etc

in Windows 10 Support
    BLUETOOTH, where are files prior to save to folder etc: hi i transfer img files from android via bt to pc, after all have been transferred, win10 asks in which folder they must be saved - this is the easy part. if there is a transmission error on say img 200 out of 250, bt freezes and i have to redo the whole process and i can't...