Windows 10: System Restore CPU is constantly high

Discus and support System Restore CPU is constantly high in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a i7 core 4 processor with 256 gb and 12gb of RAM. I have recently did a System Restore on my PC because of an error going on. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zachary Jimenez, Feb 29, 2020.

1. System Restore CPU is constantly high

Hello, I have a i7 core 4 processor with 256 gb and 12gb of RAM.

I have recently did a System Restore on my PC because of an error going on. However after the PC has been restored it was sitting around 100% CPU and I noticed it getting slow on some tasks now.

I now have reverted the system restore to its original file

My Windows has been fully up to date, however it still won't work.

Please help me fix this!

:)

Zachary Jimenez, Feb 29, 2020

2. High CPU usage due to 'System'

Hi Jack,

There are several reasons why this issue occurred. For us to provide the best resolution for you, kindly provide the following information:

• When did this issue occurs?
    • Did you make any changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article
    and see if it helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Justine Pel, Feb 29, 2020
  3. CJJ24 Win User
    High cpu usage by dwm.exe

I'm having the same problem. All of the steps listed above did not help. I'm constantly running at least 18% CPU on the desktop window manager with nothing open. My cooling fan is running wide open all of the time.

CJJ24, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

System Restore CPU is constantly high

System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

System Restore CPU is constantly high

1. System Restore CPU is constantly high - Similar Threads - System Restore CPU

2. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  3. System/ntoskrnl.exe high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System/ntoskrnl.exe high cpu usage: Ntoskrnl.exe is using 20% cpu constantly. It brings my battery down to 1 hour from 10 hours. I’ve had this issue before and reinstalled windows but it has come back. I suspect it’s a third party app such as a Microsoft flight sim or another game causing this issue. The high...
  4. NTOSKRNL SYSTEM PROCESS HIGH CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NTOSKRNL SYSTEM PROCESS HIGH CPU: SOMETIMES WHEN I KEEP MY PC ON AND NOT USING IT THE FANS START TO RAMP UP I NOTICED THAT THE SYSTEM PROCESS IN TASK MANAGER IS HOGGING 30 PERCENT OF MY CPU I DID A SFC SCANNOW IN CMD AND THERE WERE NO INTEGRITY VIOLATIONS THEN I TRIED RESTARTING THE PC THEN IT ALL WENT BACK...
  5. Constant Freezes and High CPU usage

Constant Freezes and High CPU usage: Hello, I have been browsing through Microsoft Community for some time now and I have found many similar problems and applied most of the solutions but sadly nothing seems to work. The main problem appears when computer is put to sleep by closing the lid or pressing the...
  6. High CPU usage by "System"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage by "System": Hi. I am experiencing this problem - my cpu is running at high percentage and the biggest contributor to that is a "System" process in the task manager. Goes up to about 40%. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks submitted by /u/Vlatot [link] [comments]...
  7. High CPU usage by "System interrupts"

High CPU usage by "System interrupts": I have DELL INSPIRON 15 5570 i7 8th generation, OS is installed in 128GB SSD drive. My CPU usage is very high. I opened task manager to see which process is using more CPU and found that " System interrupts" is using more that 80% of my CPU , thus slowing the system. I have...
  8. After System restore high cpu usage

After System restore high cpu usage: So I recently used the "Reset this pc" option to give my pc a clean start, and to wipe the hard drives, however now whenever I try to use Microsoft edge or play games, the cpu usage is constantly at 99-100%. However I didn't have this issue prior to the reset....
  9. CPU Running High Freq... Constantly??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Running High Freq... Constantly??: Since installing 10, my CPU seems to be running ~130% frequency continuously. This isn't necessarily awful, but it is running my temps ~18°C higher than idle should be (mid 50s vs high 30s). Checked power options, all is as it should be. CPU utilization is around 2% at idle....
  10. Extremely high constant CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely high constant CPU usage: So up until this morning my Windows 10 desktop has been performing really well. When the machine is idle the CPU use is only in the 1-3% range. For some reason my idle CPU use is now CONSTANTLY 30-40% (even after a reboot)! Task manager says its "Service Host: Local System...