Windows 10: System Restore created a new drive?

Discus and support System Restore created a new drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] I rarely do a system restore. But last night, this happened. Originally, I only had C and D. After restoring, disk W showed up containing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/divinemanwah, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Cannot Create System Restore Point Because Cannot Turn On System Protection

In Control Panel/System/System Properties/System Protection, "Available Drives," all that is listed is "Searching..." No drives are located, so no System Restore point can be established.

How to fix?

I have an extensive active thread in another area of the community dealing with the failure of this PC to install the latest Windows 10 update. Prior to executing the next suggested step to fix that problem I need to create a System Restore point, so a
    solution to this issue must be found before I can move forward on the major problem.

YES, I have ALREADY run the SFC Command as Administrator and the report was that everything was A-OK.

Curmudgeon10, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User
    restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be able to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you trying to restore the system image or create a system image?
    • Are you able to see the external drive in File Explorer?
    • Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you are following to initiate a system image restore?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the articles on
    How to: Create a system image in Windows 10
    and

How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device
    created by Andre Da Costa.

Please reply with the detailed information, to help you in a better way.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 30, 2020
  3. System Restore created a new drive?

unable to create system restore point

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to create manual restore point in Windows 10?

• Do you receive any error message, while trying to create restore point?
    I like to inform you that, Windows automatically creates a restore point when you install desktop apps and new Windows updates, if the last restore point is older than 7 days. You can also create a restore point manually at any time.

To create restore point Manually, follow the below steps:

1. Press the WinKey+X to display the system menu and click
    System.

2. On the left side menu, click
    System Protection.

3. In the Protection Settings section, click the
    C: (system) drive.

4. Click the Create button.

5. Type a name for the System Restore file (The
    Date and Time will be added automatically).

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

System Restore created a new drive?

1. System Restore created a new drive? - Similar Threads - System Restore created

2. How to create a system restore point and restore your system from it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a system restore point and restore your system from it?: Hi there!Windows has a lot of advanced recovery tools, which help to recover your OS after some crash or unexpected behavior.A system restore point is one of those. It helps you recover your system to the date you recorded the point.You can create these points when...
  3. Restore Disc Image for new System Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Disc Image for new System Drive: Background Old HDD is running Windows 10. Used Macrium Reflect to IMAGE to external drive. Now I want to use Macrium Reflect to restore to new SSD. My uncertainty: It looks like my current C: (HDD) is System Reserved (MBR) - see attached. Not really an issue, but I just want...
  4. Restore Disc Image for new System Drive

Restore Disc Image for new System Drive: Background Old HDD is running Windows 10. Used Macrium Reflect to IMAGE to external drive. Now I want to use Macrium Reflect to restore to new SSD. My uncertainty: It looks like my current C: (HDD) is System Reserved (MBR) - see attached. Not really an issue, but I just want...
  5. Restore System Image to new NVMe drive

Restore System Image to new NVMe drive: Subject about says it all. After I get my PC and Win 10 to recognize the new drive will a basic System Restore to the new drive succeed? Old SSD and new NVMe both about 500 gig. About 175 gig free on old SSD. Thanks, Terry...
  6. Creating a system restore in an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a system restore in an external hard drive: I have windows 10 installed on my ssd in laptop.I want to create a backup of the windows only and store in my external hdd in a way that I would be able to use remaining space on external drive normally and restore from it if something bad happens.Is it possible? submitted...
  7. System Restore will not create a restore point

System Restore will not create a restore point: This has been a recurring problem on my HP Pavilion with Windows 10 64bit. I cannot create a System Restore point and System Protection will not turn on. It just keep searching for drives. The error code given is 0x81000203. I have also tried installing Macrium Reflect as a...
  8. New System, System restore restoring registry, stuck

New System, System restore restoring registry, stuck: I've had this brand new Dell G5 15, Windows 10, for about a week. Put on all available updates. A few days ago, I created a restore point. Today, I had it restore there. It has been 3 hours and it still says "restoring the registry". I maybe added 3 programs which changed the...
  9. System Restore will not do a restore to previous created Point

System Restore will not do a restore to previous created Point: I am running windows 10 PRO (64Bit) Version 1709 installed about October2017 I have a MBR Partition 1 TB HD Everytime I try to use System Restore ( For any type of reason) Most of which is just to see if it works, Does not, and it has not worked since I went from version...
  10. Problem creating scheduled system restores

Problem creating scheduled system restores: I am trying to set up a daily schedule of System Restores using the method described in the post create restore point using task scheduler windows 10 Home . However, it does not work. Attached are the screen dumps for the task (ST 1) together with the various tags in the...