Windows 10: system restore date

Discus and support system restore date in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to go back to an earlier date in system restore. Only the current date is listed under restore date. Is there not a listing of several earlier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klaro 1590, Jul 6, 2019.

1. system restore date

How to go back to an earlier date in system restore. Only the current date is listed under restore date. Is there not a listing of several earlier restore dates? Problems occurred after I allowed install of v. 1903(which required 3 attempts by windows) I chose immediately to return to previous v. 1809. Seems that change too was not completed properly though troubleshooting states it was.

:)

klaro 1590, Jul 6, 2019

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jul 6, 2019
  4. system restore date

System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

system restore date

1. system restore date - Similar Threads - system restore date

2. System Restore Point from a Custom Past Date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point from a Custom Past Date: I accidentally undid a file I worked hard on without knowing, and I can't redo it again!I created that file on 7/21/2023.I tried System Restore, but there's no point set to 7/21/2023.I tried creating a custom restore point, but it can only create a point based on the current...
  3. System Restore Point from a Custom Past Date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Point from a Custom Past Date: I accidentally undid a file I worked hard on without knowing, and I can't redo it again!I created that file on 7/21/2023.I tried System Restore, but there's no point set to 7/21/2023.I tried creating a custom restore point, but it can only create a point based on the current...
  4. Restore to earlier date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore to earlier date: Downloaded a driver from driver support one so i could use my cd drive to rip cds to my sony mp3 player, now they want to charge $9.99 per month to do so, i did not enter any detsils...
  5. Restore to earlier date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore to earlier date: Downloaded a driver from driver support one so i could use my cd drive to rip cds to my sony mp3 player, now they want to charge $9.99 per month to do so, i did not enter any detsils...
  6. restore to a later date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore to a later date: restored to earlier rstr point by mistake ca I get back to previous date like 2/25/21 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-a-later-date/f42d606c-b940-4bd1-9094-e07c5da3bf24
  7. Restore computer to earlier date

Restore computer to earlier date: Somehow my outlook e-mail account settings pop.mail, etc got messed up, and I cannot receive/send e-mail from my desktop. Still works on I-PAD and I-Phone. I thought restoring the system to an earlier date might work to resolve this. However, when I go to the Control...
  8. Restore to earlier date

Restore to earlier date: Restore to earlier date windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-earlier-date/ebef6cf0-84e3-463c-9c5a-fadb3743758f
  9. restore computer to previous date

restore computer to previous date: After syncing cell phone to computer, Total screen change. I want to restore computer to previous date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-previous-date/ee18203f-84ef-44b0-8029-90f6d1dfcb27
  10. Restore computer to previous date

Restore computer to previous date: I want to restore my computer to previous date, but there is no restore point at that date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restore-computer-to-previous-date/9d63db28-b68d-4896-b20c-f1c2ddc4f447