Windows 10: System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point

Discus and support System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello: System Restore did not completed successfully. Your computer system files and settings were not changed. System Restore failed to extract... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulGuzis, Mar 2, 2019.

1. PaulGuzis Win User

System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point

Hello:

System Restore did not completed successfully. Your computer system files and settings were not changed.

System Restore failed to extract the original copy of the Directory from the restore point.

Source: %ProgramFiles%WindowsApps

Destination: AppxStaging

The Restore point was damaging or was deleted during the restore.

It is doing this on all of my Restore points.

Help. Please.

:)

PaulGuzis, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 System Restore Show More Restore Points Box Missing and Restore Points Being Deleted or Missing

Hi Steven,

There are several reasons why the Show more restore points check box is missing. Some of these are the following:

• You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.
    • You manually turn System Restore off.
    • You upgrade from one operating system to another or you reinstall the operating system

In your case, as you have reinstalled Windows, it's possible that all restore points are deleted, that's why the
    Show more restore points check box is not appearing. Did you delete all the partitions when you reinstall Windows? If yes, then all the manually and automatically created restore points will disappear. For further isolation of the issue, we suggest that
    you create a new restore point and monitor if it will disappear in a few days just like the others.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 system image restore points unable to delete

Have deleted system image backups using the windows 10 suggested method. But 2 system image rstore points are still listed under other backups. Have tried all the suggested methods on the net and from the microsoft community, but the system image restore
    points remain. Even after deleting all but the last normal restore points. I guess I can just ignore them. Would appreciate any advice as nothing seems to remove them.

Aquarius 2015, Mar 2, 2019
  4. graye Win User

System Restore is on But No Restore Points

I disagree...

• No, System Restore is not off by default (at least not on my systems)
    • No, it is not basically defunct (it works just like it always has)

Yes, an Automatic Update (or even a normal software package install) will attempt to create another restore point. And, yes.... if you run out of room that has been set aside for System Restore, it will start deleting old restore points. So if that's
    the case, the solution is kinda self-evident... just increase the percentage of the disk space that the system restore is allowed to use.

Yes, it's true that during an Upgrade of Windows 10 (say, from the "Fall Creators Update" to the "Spring 2018 Update") the system will do you a favor and wipe the older restore points (because their content is not valid anymore)

graye, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point - Similar Threads - System Restore deleted

2. System restore point deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore point deleted.: Hello, so I created a restore point on my PC just a month ago and just I upgraded to Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11 I got some updates and I installed them but then I see that my Windows.old folder is deleted and I am stuck on Windows 11, so I went ahead and checked...
  3. System restore point deleted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore point deleted.: Hello, so I created a restore point on my PC just a month ago and just I upgraded to Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11 I got some updates and I installed them but then I see that my Windows.old folder is deleted and I am stuck on Windows 11, so I went ahead and checked...
  4. Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted System Restore Point recovery.: Hi,I wonder if i can recover a deleted Restore Point, because im having issue's right now and it is too difficult to fix it, thank's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-system-restore-point-recovery/de7c56fa-af90-46f8-b8ee-4db29e0c10cd
  5. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  6. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  7. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...
  9. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...
  10. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...