Windows 10: System Restore - Deleting user files.

Discus and support System Restore - Deleting user files. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, My computer keeps freezing every couple of months and I need to format it. I have a lot of software that I need for my work and they take a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OdayBarwari, May 8, 2021.

1. System Restore - Deleting user files.

Hi there, My computer keeps freezing every couple of months and I need to format it. I have a lot of software that I need for my work and they take a long time to download. I want to use System Restore to go back to when I formatted and installed the software. I know System Restores helps with that but is there an option to format the disk and delete everything that was installed including music, photos, videos, personal documents? Basically anything that was not on the computer when the restore point was created I want to be deleted and formatted. Basically I want a clean window install

:)

OdayBarwari, May 8, 2021
  2. suraswami Win User

Deleted file restore software.

Shute I never thought about system restore. But its been more than a week now, don't know if I can go back that far. But even then will it put back user files?

suraswami, May 8, 2021
  3. Pinchy Win User
    Deleted file restore software.

I cant remember if it recovers old files OR leaves new files on the computer even after you do the restore. I havent used it in a while.

Pinchy, May 8, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

System Restore - Deleting user files.

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore - Deleting user files. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore - Deleting user files. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, May 8, 2021
Thema:

System Restore - Deleting user files.

1. System Restore - Deleting user files. - Similar Threads - System Restore Deleting

2. Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files: Hello,I created a new administrative user account with my original administrative account and then I went ahead and deleted the original administrative account with that new administration account I had just created. I did this before pulling some of the data I needed from...
  3. Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files: Hello,I created a new administrative user account with my original administrative account and then I went ahead and deleted the original administrative account with that new administration account I had just created. I did this before pulling some of the data I needed from...
  4. Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Are system restore files deleted automatically?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are system restore files deleted automatically?: I wanted to ask that can widows delete system restore files automatically?.....<original title - Pls help me only want to ask one doubt> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-system-restore-files-deleted-automatically/20eb73cf-c6ab-4568-bdb4-984ad1f06abe
  6. Restoring deleted user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring deleted user: Hi. So basically I messed up big time. After using our family computer for one year I decided to create a user for each family member. Before we were all using same user. So i make 3 new users and delete the old one. After a few hours I figured out I lost all of appdata I had...
  7. Is it possible to restore a deleted user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to restore a deleted user: My Windows10 machine has several users. By accident (don't ask) I deleted the wrong user. Is it possible to restore that user's data? I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.18362 154291
  8. Is it possible to restore a deleted user

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to restore a deleted user: My Windows10 machine has several users. By accident (don't ask) I deleted the wrong user. Is it possible to restore that user's data? I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.18362 154291
  9. Restoring missing, corrupted, and or deleted system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring missing, corrupted, and or deleted system files: Do both system restore and sfc /scannow restore system files if they are missing, corrupted, and or deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-missing-corrupted-and-or-deleted-system/25512266-0d5f-46cd-97c9-1f9ee09665b1"
  10. How to restore file in deleted user account (Desktop File)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to restore file in deleted user account (Desktop File): At the first after I upgraded my notebook from windows 8 to windows 10, I just realize that 1 of my 3 user account is not exist anymore (the Guest account is not there just after I upgrade it into windows 10). As I tried to make the new Guest account and still didnt work (I...