Windows 10: System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005

Discus and support System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 Pro Ver 1803 OS build 17134.112 Yesterday I tried to use System Restore to revert to a previous restore point. The process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdStungevičius, Jul 15, 2018.

1. System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005

I am using windows 10 Pro Ver 1803 OS build 17134.112

Yesterday I tried to use System Restore to revert to a previous restore point. The process failed delivering this message:

System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.

Details:

System Restore could not access a file. This is probably because an anti-virus program is running on the computer. Temporarily disable your anti-virus program and retry System Restore (0x80070005)

You can try System Restore again and choose a different restore point. If you continue to see this error you can try an advanced recovery method.

------------------

-So I retried the restore twice more using different restore points. both failed.

-Against my better judgement I turned off Windows Defender and ran system restore. Still failed. (Why would Microsoft design an OS where I have to turn off their AV to run system restore? Makes no sense)

- there are no links to the "advanced recovery method" mentioned.

Does anyone know whats up? Since receiving this error on one computer I tried it on my backup system and guess what... same error again. So its not a machine specific problem. Its something with Windows 10.

Appreciate any advice available. Thank you.

Ed

:)

EdStungevičius, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Zekeman Win User

System Restore Fails Error 0x80070005

So I try to restore any point and get an error:

System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005 [​IMG]

I have turned off Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware.

I also did a sfc /scannow with no integrity violations.

Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit... Any suggestions?

Zekeman, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Highly frustrated from not succeeding in System Restore Error 0x80070005

Dears,

since I built up my laptop, a Lenovo W540, with new Win10 1803 build 17134.48 build, I realized the machine is not able to restore from a selected restore point.

I tried several solutions but anyone worked for me.

The useless step-by-step solution are the following:

The error message I got every time I try a restore for a restore point (I crated systematically before)

System Restore did not complete successfully

System Restore Failed while restoring the directory from the restore point

Source: AppxStaging

Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps

An unspecified error occurred during system restore (0x80070005)

I am quite frustrated not to say desperate also because Win10 installation is reaaly brand new !

It’s driving me crazy !

Toni&Cuea, Jul 15, 2018
  4. System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005

System Restores Fail with error code: 0x80070005

So I try to restore any point(s) and get an error:

System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005 [​IMG]

I have turned off Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware.

I also did a sfc /scannow with no integrity violations.

Creating restore points work fine.

Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit... Any suggestions?

Zekeman2299, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005

1. System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - System restore did

2. system restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system restore did not complete successfully.: Yesterday while I was trying to do the instructions an independent advisor I tried to do a system restore from my one recovery or restore point it sayed '' system restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details :...
  3. system restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore did not complete successfully.: Yesterday while I was trying to do the instructions an independent advisor I tried to do a system restore from my one recovery or restore point it sayed '' system restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details :...
  4. system restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore did not complete successfully: Alright to start off i have attempted to restore my windows 11 computer to an earlier point 3 times to fail each time. As to why doesnt matter. Here is what the pc tells me after each attempt.Anyways please help me, this is the second time ive opened up a question on this,...
  6. System Restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore did not complete successfully: Alright to start off i have attempted to restore my windows 11 computer to an earlier point 3 times to fail each time. As to why doesnt matter. Here is what the pc tells me after each attempt.Anyways please help me, this is the second time ive opened up a question on this,...
  7. System restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore did not complete successfully: My laptop Windows 10 is stuck in automatic repair cycle. Ive tried everything i could find. Bootrec.exe/fixboot did not work access denied. Tried a few fixes for that that did not work. Tried system restore to a couple of days ago 4/12 was the earliest date available. Got an...
  8. system restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore did not complete successfully: system restore did not complete successfully. your computer's system files and settings were not changed. "system restore could not access a file" there is already a thread with this problem dating back to win 7, but it is locked. i'm using the most recent update to win...
  9. System Restore did not complete successfully...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore did not complete successfully...: Getting the following error message when trying to do System Restore on a clean install of Windows 10 with the Creator's Update (Version 1803)... After running System Restore the system displays the following message at the desktop after logging in: System Restore could not...
  10. System Restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore did not complete successfully.: To confirm that the Restore Points system was working I created a new restore point and used System Restore to "go back" to it. I got the message in the attachment. I then tried to go back to one about 5 days ago with the same result. In past years I have a couple of times...
Tags: