Windows 10: System Restore did not complete successfully error code 0x80070057

Discus and support System Restore did not complete successfully error code 0x80070057 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I attempted to perform a system restore, however the following message appears, "System Restore did not complete successfully. Error code 0x80070057".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MSFTWindows, Jun 12, 2020.

1. System Restore did not complete successfully error code 0x80070057

I attempted to perform a system restore, however the following message appears, "System Restore did not complete successfully. Error code 0x80070057".

The operating system is Windows 10 and anti-virus software has been disabled.

System File Checker sfc has been performed which resulted in the following message: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

The last time I was able to successfully conduct a System Restore was 2018. I would appreciate.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Although please refrain from suggesting I restart the computer as I may loose the restore point.

:)

MSFTWindows, Jun 12, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

System Restore did not complete successfully.

@Stevekir
    You might want to try:
    1. Click on Start button (1). Hold down SHIFT KEY+Click On Power (2) then click on Restart(3)

System Restore did not complete successfully error code 0x80070057 [​IMG]
    2. The PC will reboot and get into the Recovery Environment
    3. Click on Trouble Shoot->Advanced Options->System Restore.

System Restore did not complete successfully error code 0x80070057 [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 12, 2020
  3. System Image restore fails: "0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect"

Hello,

The Error code 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect can be caused by an corrupted restore file. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please tell us all the troubleshooting steps you've done so we can avoid repeats.

Devlin Sco, Jun 12, 2020
  4. System Restore did not complete successfully error code 0x80070057

System Restore did not complete successfully.

I have somewhat the same problem, except that my AV is Windows Defender.
    I have a program that will not run and their support system suggested a restore point. However, when I tried to use an existing restore point, after it finished, I received an error message stating that System restore did not complete because an AV program was probably running. I turned off Windows Defender and tried another System restore, only to receive the same error message. Any suggestions?

Bob Hennessy, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

System Restore did not complete successfully error code 0x80070057

1. System Restore did not complete successfully error code 0x80070057 - Similar Threads - System Restore did

2. system restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system restore did not complete successfully.: Yesterday while I was trying to do the instructions an independent advisor I tried to do a system restore from my one recovery or restore point it sayed '' system restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details :...
  3. system restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore did not complete successfully.: Yesterday while I was trying to do the instructions an independent advisor I tried to do a system restore from my one recovery or restore point it sayed '' system restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details :...
  4. system restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore did not complete successfully: Alright to start off i have attempted to restore my windows 11 computer to an earlier point 3 times to fail each time. As to why doesnt matter. Here is what the pc tells me after each attempt.Anyways please help me, this is the second time ive opened up a question on this,...
  6. System Restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore did not complete successfully: Alright to start off i have attempted to restore my windows 11 computer to an earlier point 3 times to fail each time. As to why doesnt matter. Here is what the pc tells me after each attempt.Anyways please help me, this is the second time ive opened up a question on this,...
  7. System Restore did not complete successfully, Error Code 0x80071a90

in Windows 10 News
    System Restore did not complete successfully, Error Code 0x80071a90: [ATTACH]When trying to restore the system using System Restore, the program may fail to […] This article System Restore did not complete successfully, Error Code 0x80071a90 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. System restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore did not complete successfully: My laptop Windows 10 is stuck in automatic repair cycle. Ive tried everything i could find. Bootrec.exe/fixboot did not work access denied. Tried a few fixes for that that did not work. Tried system restore to a couple of days ago 4/12 was the earliest date available. Got an...
  9. System Restore did not complete successfully...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore did not complete successfully...: Getting the following error message when trying to do System Restore on a clean install of Windows 10 with the Creator's Update (Version 1803)... After running System Restore the system displays the following message at the desktop after logging in: System Restore could not...
  10. System Restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore did not complete successfully.: To confirm that the Restore Points system was working I created a new restore point and used System Restore to "go back" to it. I got the message in the attachment. I then tried to go back to one about 5 days ago with the same result. In past years I have a couple of times...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bsod system restore 0x80070057