Windows 10: system restore did not complete successfully

Discus and support system restore did not complete successfully in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; system restore did not complete successfully. your computer's system files and settings were not changed. "system restore could not access a file"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by minaharrouff, Sep 5, 2018.

1. system restore did not complete successfully

system restore did not complete successfully. your computer's system files and settings were not changed. "system restore could not access a file"

there is already a thread with this problem dating back to win 7, but it is locked.

i'm using the most recent update to win 10 pro, no antivirus program, and windows defender.

this isn't a technical support request; it's an organizational question: why does this problem continue to exist ? seriously, someone should lose their job over this, but according to dilbert, i'm guessing the managerial staff at Microsoft ...

:)

minaharrouff, Sep 5, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

System Restore did not complete successfully.

@Stevekir
    You might want to try:
    1. Click on Start button (1). Hold down SHIFT KEY+Click On Power (2) then click on Restart(3)

system restore did not complete successfully [​IMG]
    2. The PC will reboot and get into the Recovery Environment
    3. Click on Trouble Shoot->Advanced Options->System Restore.

system restore did not complete successfully [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 5, 2018
  3. System Restore did not complete successfully.

I have somewhat the same problem, except that my AV is Windows Defender.
    I have a program that will not run and their support system suggested a restore point. However, when I tried to use an existing restore point, after it finished, I received an error message stating that System restore did not complete because an AV program was probably running. I turned off Windows Defender and tried another System restore, only to receive the same error message. Any suggestions?

Bob Hennessy, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Stevekir Win User

system restore did not complete successfully

System Restore did not complete successfully.

[Images deleted in this reply to save space].
    Well, this looks interesting. Another way to get to a restore point. I will try this, but fear that I will get the same result: "System Restore did not restore successfully."

Thanks.

Stevekir, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

system restore did not complete successfully

1. system restore did not complete successfully - Similar Threads - system restore did

2. system restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system restore did not complete successfully.: Yesterday while I was trying to do the instructions an independent advisor I tried to do a system restore from my one recovery or restore point it sayed '' system restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details :...
  3. system restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore did not complete successfully.: Yesterday while I was trying to do the instructions an independent advisor I tried to do a system restore from my one recovery or restore point it sayed '' system restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details :...
  4. system restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore did not complete successfully: Alright to start off i have attempted to restore my windows 11 computer to an earlier point 3 times to fail each time. As to why doesnt matter. Here is what the pc tells me after each attempt.Anyways please help me, this is the second time ive opened up a question on this,...
  6. System Restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore did not complete successfully: Alright to start off i have attempted to restore my windows 11 computer to an earlier point 3 times to fail each time. As to why doesnt matter. Here is what the pc tells me after each attempt.Anyways please help me, this is the second time ive opened up a question on this,...
  7. System restore did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore did not complete successfully: My laptop Windows 10 is stuck in automatic repair cycle. Ive tried everything i could find. Bootrec.exe/fixboot did not work access denied. Tried a few fixes for that that did not work. Tried system restore to a couple of days ago 4/12 was the earliest date available. Got an...
  8. System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005: I am using windows 10 Pro Ver 1803 OS build 17134.112 Yesterday I tried to use System Restore to revert to a previous restore point. The process failed delivering this message: System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were...
  9. System Restore did not complete successfully...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore did not complete successfully...: Getting the following error message when trying to do System Restore on a clean install of Windows 10 with the Creator's Update (Version 1803)... After running System Restore the system displays the following message at the desktop after logging in: System Restore could not...
  10. System Restore did not complete successfully.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore did not complete successfully.: To confirm that the Restore Points system was working I created a new restore point and used System Restore to "go back" to it. I got the message in the attachment. I then tried to go back to one about 5 days ago with the same result. In past years I have a couple of times...