Windows 10: System Restore disabled and cannot enable it

Discus and support System Restore disabled and cannot enable it in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi Since installing Windows 10 I've had a problem with System Restore. I've searched the web (including this forum) but so far have not found anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TraceyW, Aug 6, 2015.

1. TraceyW Win User

System Restore disabled and cannot enable it

Hi

Since installing Windows 10 I've had a problem with System Restore. I've searched the web (including this forum) but so far have not found anyone with my particular problem. I'm not saying they're not there, just that I've not found them yet.

As you can see from the attached graphic, I can access the System Restore panel but System Restore for the Windows drive is turned off (orange box) and the means of restoring to an earlier restore point as well as Create are greyed out. The ONLY thing the window allows me to do is to go to the Configure panel. When I get there I find that System Protection is disabled and I cannot turn it on. However, my system IS using some space (blue box) although I have a sneaky suspicion that has not changed since I installed W10.

My question therefore is really: how do I enable System Restore? I am sincerely hoping that someone has a possible solution to this and any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Tracey

PS After writing the above I did a search in the registry for System Restore but there were only about six or seven references. I also had a quick look at Services and noticed that VSS was stopped. Following a search which revealed that System Restore might depend on it I started it. I then signed out and then back in again but I still can't get System Restore enabled.

:)

TraceyW, Aug 6, 2015

2. System Restore disabled and I cannot enable it

Yes, it not just adds that System Restore under LOCAL HKEY indeed it removes those 2 extra records/entries which aren't required only if they are present else as I said it gonna add it...!! System Restore disabled and cannot enable it :)

No problem, u can perform a clean install else wait for PRO update.

--Mukesh

MukeshBelde, Aug 6, 2015
  3. System Restore disabled and I cannot enable it

Yes, Tracey, I can understand your concern of sharing email id in public.

In fact I wanted to upload that script here but unfortunately there is no such option to do that System Restore disabled and cannot enable it :(

If there is any other way feel free to let me know so that I can upload/share it to you or over here!!

Regards,

Mukesh

MukeshBelde, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

System Restore disabled and cannot enable it

1. System Restore disabled and cannot enable it - Similar Threads - System Restore disabled

2. System Restore Point- Enabling System Protection.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Point- Enabling System Protection.: Hi, when I went to make a system restore point, with protection enabled, it showed a warning message exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle. The message said 'Using system protection on a drive that contains system image backups will cause other shadow copies to be deleted...
  3. I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point: Hi, I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point. I have searched around for solutions, but cannot find any newer solutions due to the fact windows has changed since these solutions were posted. so how do I fix this challenge? [ATTACH]...
  4. System restore disabled 2004

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore disabled 2004: After updating to 2004, system restore was disabled. 158986
  5. System Restore is suddenly disabled - how do I enable it?

System Restore is suddenly disabled - how do I enable it?: Fairly new PC, Win10 Pro 64-bit all updates. System restore was working fine last week, as I created a manual restore point before installing a major piece of software. I just went to do the same thing again, but found that all the controls on the System Protection tab of...
  6. Disable System Restore

Disable System Restore: Hi, I need to do the following tasks in the System Restore: 1. Set Max Usage = 0 2. Delete all restore points 3. Disable System Restore Should be using Command Line. 1st and 2nd step I've no any idea how to do. For 3rd step: net stop srservice sc config...
  7. Can't enable System Restore

Can't enable System Restore: Noticed my System Protection was not enabled. Can't click on the "Turn on......" Does nothing when I try to "Turn on...." Attached a pic. 20397
  8. System Restore permanently disabled and cannot re-enabled

System Restore permanently disabled and cannot re-enabled: Hi Since installing Windows 10 I've had a problem with System Restore. I've searched the web (including this forum) but so far have not found anyone with my particular problem. I'm not saying they're not there, just that I've not found them yet. As you can see from the...
  9. Windows key disabled by system cannot re-enable, help..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows key disabled by system cannot re-enable, help..: Hello my windows key got disabled when I turned my pc on a message popped up saying: "system has disabled the windows key" I tried to do this method; [']https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-windows-key], but the download doesn't work and there is no sancode map...
  10. Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows How to Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 restore point) without losing personal data files. System Restore is enabled by default in Windows. If disabled, create a restore...