Windows 10: System restore fail error 0x800700b7

Discus and support System restore fail error 0x800700b7 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello I need help with my windows 10 PC. Every try to restore my computer returns the same error : [img] I don't know where it does come from ... I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by EniD, May 15, 2019 at 4:57 PM.

1. EniD Win User

System restore fail error 0x800700b7

Hello I need help with my windows 10 PC.
    Every try to restore my computer returns the same error :

System restore fail error 0x800700b7 [​IMG]

I don't know where it does come from ...
    I ran dism check scan & restore + sfc /verifonly & scannow nothing to report for every commands.
    I did a reinstall with windows media creation tool with the keep my softwares and personnal folder options but the problem remains.
    I don't know if its linked but ..
    I have a low space ssd (120GO) so I wanted to change the default installation folder (C:\program files\ & C:\Program Files (x86)) by my normal harddisk which is 1 TO (D:\Program Files & D:\Program Files (x86)).
    I did this some weeks ago : How to Change the Install Location for Windows 10 Apps
    It was a bad idea because it doesnt work when I install something it still ask to be installed on the C: drive and I have a 0k protected folder called windowsapp.
    I don't want to reinstall my computer cause its a pain ...
    I don't need to restore my computer but it can save hours and it doesnt work so if something happens I am screwed.
    Thanks for your help

:)

2. LM2007 Win User

Windows Backup and Restore error 0x800700b7

I'm trying to do my normal system image and data backups with Windows Backup and Restore, always worked fine until now. I am getting "The backup application could not start due to an internal error: Server execution failed (0x80080005).

Then i go to Services to check if the required services were started and Block Level Backup Engine Service is not. I tried to manually start it but then i get the other error code (0x800700b7), really need help on this guys.

3. EdTittel Win User
    Windows Backup and Restore error 0x800700b7

Hmmm... This is apparently an old and well-known problem. If you navigate your file structure like so:

System restore fail error 0x800700b7 [​IMG]

And then delete the SR (system recovery) task, you apparently have 50-50 odds that your error code will disappear. But if you do this, you'll have to (re)define your normal backup task definition.
    Please let us know how this turns out.
    Thanks, and HTH.
    --Ed--

4. System restore fail error 0x800700b7

System Restore error 0x800700b7

mY SYSTEM RESTORE KEEPS GIVING ME THIS ERROR when I try and use it, I cannot boot into safe mode or get to startup menu. Any suggestions to help me?

Thema:

System restore fail error 0x800700b7

1. System restore fail error 0x800700b7 - Similar Threads - System restore fail

2. System Restore consistently fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore consistently fails: Whenever I attempt a system restore, from any of the available restore points, I'm consistently given the following error: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed to replace...
  3. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0x800700b7)

in Windows 10 News
    An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0x800700b7): [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When trying to restore Windows 10 computer, if you receive an error saying An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0x800700b7), then here is a fix. The error usually happens when the System Restore does not complete successfully and fails with...
  4. Built-in System Restore fails

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Built-in System Restore fails: Win 10 ver 1809 build 17763.253 Running the built-in System Restore but fails to complete. I wonder if anyone has the same problem or it's my computer's problem. P.S. I am not interested in those fabulous 3rd party backup program(s). I just want to find out if this...
  5. System restore failed error 0x80070005

System restore failed error 0x80070005: Hello. I tried to perform a system restore after installing a bad driver. But I got this message at the end of the process: "System restore did not complete successfully" Followed by text and the error code 0x80070005. I learned that I need to set the system restore...
  6. System image restore fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image restore fails: I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full. 1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image. 2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB. 3. I boot up using the USB and attempt...
  7. System Restore Fails Error 0x80070005

System Restore Fails Error 0x80070005: So I try to restore any point and get an error: [img] I have turned off Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. I also did a sfc /scannow with no integrity violations. Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit... Any suggestions? 21204
  8. System restore failed while scanning the file system, error 0x81000204

System restore failed while scanning the file system, error 0x81000204: Hi, I am trying to restore my system due to an issue caused by Firefox. after windows update my Firefox is not working properly, logout button in gmail is not working. so i tried to restore system. However, it prompting an error message as " System restore failed while...
  9. System Image Restore Fail

System Image Restore Fail: Hi All, I had to wind my OS back to windows 7 using recovery media because a system image I created with the backup and restore tool in windows 10 failed to restore. The system image was on an external hdd but it could not be found when plugged into a USB port. I'll...
  10. Windows Backup and Restore error 0x800700b7

Windows Backup and Restore error 0x800700b7: I'm trying to do my normal system image and data backups with Windows Backup and Restore, always worked fine until now. I am getting "The backup application could not start due to an internal error: Server execution failed (0x80080005). Then i go to Services to check if...