Windows 10: System restore failed to extract the file, error 0x80071160

Discus and support System restore failed to extract the file, error 0x80071160 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]System Restore in Windows is one of the oldest and essential features which can help you recover a deleted file, and take you to the […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 26, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

System restore failed to extract the file, error 0x80071160

WinClub, Aug 26, 2020

2. System restore failure windows 10 error 0x80071160

I want to restore my system on my computer that is running windows 10, but it comes back saying it failed with the error 0x80071160.

I've tried different times to restore the system to, but none work.

Does anyone has an idea how to fix this?

Pepijn

Laforce Pepijn, Aug 26, 2020
  3. DKBinsuan Win User
    Error System Restore

Can anyone help me. My laptop gives me error (0x80071160) - system restore failed to extract the file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\wd\WdBoot.sys) from the restore point. Before that I get the blue screen, Says that automatic repari couldn't repair your
    PC after that performed system restore again then it works then that system restore error showed. So can anyone please help me. Thanks in advance!

DKBinsuan, Aug 26, 2020
  4. System restore failed to extract the file, error 0x80071160

System restore failure windows 10 error 0x80071160

I have seen several cases where System Restore failed when initiated from within Windows but worked when initiated from a Windows 10 Repair Flash Disk.

Run RecoveryDrive.exe on any Windows 10 PC to create such a disk. Do NOT copy the system files.

Frederik Long, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

System restore failed to extract the file, error 0x80071160

1. System restore failed to extract the file, error 0x80071160 - Similar Threads - System restore failed

2. System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.: System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x80070005im getting these errors when trying to go back to a restore point, what do i do?...
  3. "System restore failed to extract the file "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System restore failed to extract the file ": Hello, I am end up in Blue screen and when I try to restore this is error I am getting "system restore failed to extract the file C:\Program filesx86\Microsoft office\root\office16\INKCOMMENT.DLL from the restore point" Any help is much appreciated....
  4. "System restore failed to extract the file "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "System restore failed to extract the file ": Hello, I am end up in Blue screen and when I try to restore this is error I am getting "system restore failed to extract the file C:\Program filesx86\Microsoft office\root\office16\INKCOMMENT.DLL from the restore point" Any help is much appreciated....
  5. "System restore failed to extract the file "

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. error (0x80071160)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error (0x80071160): Buenas tardes, hoy al iniciar mi pc me di con la sorpresa de que a iniciar se sesión se congelaba y se reiniciaba,luego de unos reinicios se activa el reparador de pc ,luego de hacer su diagnostico me aparecía que falló,he tratado de todo, desde restaurar y restablecer el...
  7. restore fails with error 0x80071160

restore fails with error 0x80071160: I try to run a restore and get this error on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-fails-with-error-0x80071160/cb886f51-9e4f-4e8a-9e19-2d5af8ab13cb
  8. System restore failure windows 10 error 0x80071160

System restore failure windows 10 error 0x80071160: I want to restore my system on my computer that is running windows 10, but it comes back saying it failed with the error 0x80071160. I've tried different times to restore the system to, but none work. Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? Pepijn...
  9. bootrec.dll is corrupt, System restore failed to extract

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootrec.dll is corrupt, System restore failed to extract: Hi, I have an infinite repair loop in my Windows 10.0.17134.1 laptop, 1. Firstly it says "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your pc. Logfile: D:/......... Some path/Srt/SrtTrail.txt 2. I went to troubleshoot > advanced > cmd, and opened the log file, it says,...
  10. "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point.": Since updating to Windows 1803, system protection does not work. Restore will not restore from the restore point created during the update. Nor will it restore from any new restore point I create. I get the message: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your...
Tags: