Windows 10: System Restore failed - with error codes

Discus and support System Restore failed - with error codes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dell 15-3552, Windows 10 Home v1903, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. I accidentally deleted some programs. Although I use Marcium on a external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by commonone, Aug 6, 2019.

1. commonone Win User

System Restore failed - with error codes

Dell 15-3552, Windows 10 Home v1903, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

I accidentally deleted some programs. Although I use Marcium on a external drive once a month, now learnt my mistake to do it more often.

I used System Restore to restore to the last created point 2 days ago. System Restore fails to do this with an error 0x80070005

I dismantled Defender in the registry 'DisableAntiSpyware' and still failed.

Then tried in Safe Mode with same results. Next I uninstalled Malwarebytes and tried again.

A new failure came up "Unable to replace 'Program files\WindowsApp.tmp\SharedLimitedTime with original files' 0x80070003.

How can I solve this.

:)

commonone, Aug 6, 2019

2. System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b

Hi,

Based on the details that have shared on your post, it seems that you have already identified why the error occurs when you are attempting to perform a System Restore. Having said that, we would like to verify if you have tried the initial troubleshooting
    steps suggested in this article: System Restore may fail with error code 0x8007045b if
    there is encrypted content in the restore point
    . Kindly advise us if the solution works or if you have also encountered a different error code so we can provide additional help.

We'll wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Vidfamne Win User
    System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b

I've been trying to run the reagentc /boottore

But it fails as it seems it wants to connect to Azure for some reason, to get som product code...

I do have AoE Beta installed and these are encrypted according to the cipher command as per OP.

Any ideas how to get restore to work?

Vidfamne, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Vidfamne Win User

System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b

I've been trying to run the reagentc /boottore

But it fails as it seems it wants to connect to Azure for some reason, to get som product code...

I do have AoE Beta installed and these are encrypted according to the cipher command as per OP.

Any ideas how to get restore to work?

So, I got a step further, by just ignoring the message (seems to be related to my Swedish Keyboardlayout) by pressing the link on the lower right. That took me a step further than the original problem with restore, in that it actually started to perform
    the restore. After a while the login screen came up, but after logging on again, I was met with the same error message stating it couldn't perform restore. Include some pictures with the different results. Screenshots in Swedish, but I guess the errornumbers
    are the same...

System Restore failed - with error codes 082d680a-f9e8-49ff-9789-6dfdbf2025c8?upload=true.png

System Restore failed - with error codes a88bded4-3fb6-4222-a30f-18ae152f500a?upload=true.png

Vidfamne, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. System Restore failed - with error codes - Similar Threads - System Restore failed

2. System Restore Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Failed: In the morning i performed a windowsblootware command it created a system restore after that i wanted to go in the previous state i tried alot but it shows system restore didn't complete successfully and any of system restore isnt working i dont want to reboot the pc as it...
  3. System Restore Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore Failed: In the morning i performed a windowsblootware command it created a system restore after that i wanted to go in the previous state i tried alot but it shows system restore didn't complete successfully and any of system restore isnt working i dont want to reboot the pc as it...
  4. The restore system fails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The restore system fails.: When I try to restore my system to a preview, the system starts the restore process, when I login again to finish the restore process, I get this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-system-fails/dd5edb02-bdfc-480c-b89d-dd5d81495d1e
  5. The restore system fails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The restore system fails.: When I try to restore my system to a preview, the system starts the restore process, when I login again to finish the restore process, I get this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-system-fails/dd5edb02-bdfc-480c-b89d-dd5d81495d1e
  6. The system image restore failed, error code 0x80042407

in Windows 10 News
    The system image restore failed, error code 0x80042407: [ATTACH]In this post, we will describe the possible solutions for The system image restore failed, error code 0x80042407 error which you may see when you try to create or restore a Windows System Image. The most common causes of this error are: Restoring Windows from the...
  7. System Restore failed to replace the file, Error Code 0x80070780

in Windows 10 News
    System Restore failed to replace the file, Error Code 0x80070780: In as much as System Restore is a great feature in Windows 10 that can be used to resolve most issues by reverting the system back to an earlier working state (snapshot), the feature has its own fair share of errors. One such error is 0x80070780, which you may encounter when...
  8. System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b

System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b: Windows 10 Home, build 18363. I have followed all instructions in the following thread, yet the problem persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-fails-with-error-code-0x8007045b/b9c6a691-49e2-4a41-a965-e96cf882bd3c?page=3...
  9. System restore failing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore failing: Im running the latest version of Windows 10 and whenever I try to do a system restore I get this error: “System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and Settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed to extract the original copy of...
  10. error code with system restore

error code with system restore: hi I have error code 81000203 at system restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-with-system-restore/e04d2962-d1e0-4287-ad48-cd4e0a1377d0