Windows 10: System Restore failed - with error codes

Discus and support System Restore failed - with error codes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dell 15-3552, Windows 10 Home v1903, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. I accidentally deleted some programs. Although I use Marcium on a external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by commonone, Aug 6, 2019.

1. commonone Win User

System Restore failed - with error codes

Dell 15-3552, Windows 10 Home v1903, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

I accidentally deleted some programs. Although I use Marcium on a external drive once a month, now learnt my mistake to do it more often.

I used System Restore to restore to the last created point 2 days ago. System Restore fails to do this with an error 0x80070005

I dismantled Defender in the registry 'DisableAntiSpyware' and still failed.

Then tried in Safe Mode with same results. Next I uninstalled Malwarebytes and tried again.

A new failure came up "Unable to replace 'Program files\WindowsApp.tmp\SharedLimitedTime with original files' 0x80070003.

How can I solve this.

:)

commonone, Aug 6, 2019

2. System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b

Hi,

Based on the details that have shared on your post, it seems that you have already identified why the error occurs when you are attempting to perform a System Restore. Having said that, we would like to verify if you have tried the initial troubleshooting
    steps suggested in this article: System Restore may fail with error code 0x8007045b if
    there is encrypted content in the restore point
    . Kindly advise us if the solution works or if you have also encountered a different error code so we can provide additional help.

We'll wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Vidfamne Win User
    System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b

I've been trying to run the reagentc /boottore

But it fails as it seems it wants to connect to Azure for some reason, to get som product code...

I do have AoE Beta installed and these are encrypted according to the cipher command as per OP.

Any ideas how to get restore to work?

Vidfamne, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Vidfamne Win User

System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b

I've been trying to run the reagentc /boottore

But it fails as it seems it wants to connect to Azure for some reason, to get som product code...

I do have AoE Beta installed and these are encrypted according to the cipher command as per OP.

Any ideas how to get restore to work?

So, I got a step further, by just ignoring the message (seems to be related to my Swedish Keyboardlayout) by pressing the link on the lower right. That took me a step further than the original problem with restore, in that it actually started to perform
    the restore. After a while the login screen came up, but after logging on again, I was met with the same error message stating it couldn't perform restore. Include some pictures with the different results. Screenshots in Swedish, but I guess the errornumbers
    are the same...

System Restore failed - with error codes 082d680a-f9e8-49ff-9789-6dfdbf2025c8?upload=true.png

System Restore failed - with error codes a88bded4-3fb6-4222-a30f-18ae152f500a?upload=true.png

Vidfamne, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. System Restore failed - with error codes - Similar Threads - System Restore failed

2. System Restore Failed - (0x80070005)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Failed - (0x80070005): I have accidentally removed some files and programs. Although I have done a Macrium back-up a month ago to an external drive, and this should teach me to do it more often. I have tried to do a System Restore to a point 5 days ago. Although I have disabled "windows defender"...
  3. System restore fail error 0x800700b7

System restore fail error 0x800700b7: Hello I need help with my windows 10 PC. Every try to restore my computer returns the same error : [img] I don't know where it does come from ... I ran dism check scan & restore + sfc /verifonly & scannow nothing to report for every commands. I did a reinstall with windows...
  4. System Restore consistently fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore consistently fails: Whenever I attempt a system restore, from any of the available restore points, I'm consistently given the following error: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed to replace...
  5. System Restore Error Code: 0x81000203

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Error Code: 0x81000203: When I open system restore tab from system properties where we can switch system restore on or off it says Sys restore unexpectected error occur . Cannot scan drives The error code is as above > OS is Win 10 I have already tried below options I had AVG TuneUp but it was...
  6. Built-in System Restore fails

Built-in System Restore fails: Win 10 ver 1809 build 17763.253 Running the built-in System Restore but fails to complete. I wonder if anyone has the same problem or it's my computer's problem. P.S. I am not interested in those fabulous 3rd party backup program(s). I just want to find out if this...
  7. System restore failed error 0x80070005

System restore failed error 0x80070005: Hello. I tried to perform a system restore after installing a bad driver. But I got this message at the end of the process: "System restore did not complete successfully" Followed by text and the error code 0x80070005. I learned that I need to set the system restore...
  8. System image restore fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image restore fails: I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full. 1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image. 2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB. 3. I boot up using the USB and attempt...
  9. System Restore Fails Error 0x80070005

System Restore Fails Error 0x80070005: So I try to restore any point and get an error: [img] I have turned off Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. I also did a sfc /scannow with no integrity violations. Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit... Any suggestions? 21204
  10. System Image Restore Fail

System Image Restore Fail: Hi All, I had to wind my OS back to windows 7 using recovery media because a system image I created with the backup and restore tool in windows 10 failed to restore. The system image was on an external hdd but it could not be found when plugged into a USB port. I'll...