Windows 10: System Restore Failing and Windows not booting up

Discus and support System Restore Failing and Windows not booting up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I tried updating my display driver AMD Radeon and it crashed at 97%. So I force shut it down and my laptop Dell enter the login screen. The screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kaznkorr, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Kaznkorr Win User

System Restore Failing and Windows not booting up

Hi,I tried updating my display driver AMD Radeon and it crashed at 97%. So I force shut it down and my laptop Dell enter the login screen. The screen is just blank after the Dell screen. I tried System Restore from the recovery options and none of the recovery points work. The error displayed is System Restore failed to extract the fileC:\Windows\servicing\LCU\Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~1from the restore point.An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x80071160Please help me resolve this, as I have some important files in the C drive to reset my PC.How do

:)

Kaznkorr, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Pinchy Win User
    windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Clark Ari Win User

System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

1. System Restore Failing and Windows not booting up - Similar Threads - System Restore Failing

2. System Restore Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Failed: In the morning i performed a windowsblootware command it created a system restore after that i wanted to go in the previous state i tried alot but it shows system restore didn't complete successfully and any of system restore isnt working i dont want to reboot the pc as it...
  3. System Restore Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Failed: In the morning i performed a windowsblootware command it created a system restore after that i wanted to go in the previous state i tried alot but it shows system restore didn't complete successfully and any of system restore isnt working i dont want to reboot the pc as it...
  4. System Restore Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The restore system fails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The restore system fails.: When I try to restore my system to a preview, the system starts the restore process, when I login again to finish the restore process, I get this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-system-fails/dd5edb02-bdfc-480c-b89d-dd5d81495d1e
  6. The restore system fails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The restore system fails.: When I try to restore my system to a preview, the system starts the restore process, when I login again to finish the restore process, I get this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-system-fails/dd5edb02-bdfc-480c-b89d-dd5d81495d1e
  7. The restore system fails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. System restore failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restore failed: Hey friends I do not know if this is the appropriate forum, if not let me know I am trying to do system restore but without success When the restore is complete, the message appears: System recovery failed to replace the file Then the file name appears:...
  9. Windows 10 will not boot, System Restore and Startup Repair failed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not boot, System Restore and Startup Repair failed.: So today I switched on my PC, and upon getting to the desktop it gave me a black screen. So I restarted into advanced options and did a system restore, which failed. I then tried to boot into safe mode, but it gave me a BSoD with the STOP CODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Now, I...
  10. System restore failing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore failing: Im running the latest version of Windows 10 and whenever I try to do a system restore I get this error: “System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and Settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed to extract the original copy of...