Windows 10: System Restore from Restore Point is stuck

Discus and support System Restore from Restore Point is stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Started a system restore from system restore point this morning at 7:30 am. It is now 11:45 am and it is still running. I have done system restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveOb52, Feb 13, 2020.

1. DaveOb52 Win User

System Restore from Restore Point is stuck

Started a system restore from system restore point this morning at 7:30 am. It is now 11:45 am and it is still running. I have done system restore from restore point in the past and it only took 20~30 minutes. What to do now?

:)

DaveOb52, Feb 13, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore from Restore Point is stuck :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore from Restore Point is stuck :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Feb 13, 2020
  3. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Pinchy Win User

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. System Restore from Restore Point is stuck - Similar Threads - System Restore Restore

2. Restoring stuck System Restore Point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring stuck System Restore Point: I had made a restore point for windows 11 but making a pc customisation but the customisation was not good. So, I tried to restore it from that restore point that i created earlier. But It's almost 2 hours and the process is still not completed. What to do???...
  3. Restoring stuck System Restore Point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring stuck System Restore Point: I had made a restore point for windows 11 but making a pc customisation but the customisation was not good. So, I tried to restore it from that restore point that i created earlier. But It's almost 2 hours and the process is still not completed. What to do???...
  4. How to restore system if there is no restore point?

How to restore system if there is no restore point?: I had to use ProctorU for my college to take a test, and when I got in my headphones wouldn't let them hear me and they kept acting like there was nothing to fix it and they were being impatient. I did not know what the problem was because I am not tech savvy. Anyways, the...
  5. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  6. System restore restore point

System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  7. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. System Restore will not create a restore point

System Restore will not create a restore point: This has been a recurring problem on my HP Pavilion with Windows 10 64bit. I cannot create a System Restore point and System Protection will not turn on. It just keep searching for drives. The error code given is 0x81000203. I have also tried installing Macrium Reflect as a...
  9. Restore System using restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore System using restore point: Hello, Had to use a recent restore point. Started the restore, made a list what will be affected, and it started. After waiting about 25 minutes I got an error notice that restore was not succesful because of anti virus (?). The only antivirus on my system is windows...
  10. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...