Windows 10: System restore frozen on my computer

Discus and support System restore frozen on my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is stuck in System Restore, has been for over 24 hours. I can turn off the computer but when I turn it back on it comes up with the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DianeMcKenzie1, May 30, 2020.

1. System restore frozen on my computer

My computer is stuck in System Restore, has been for over 24 hours. I can turn off the computer but when I turn it back on it comes up with the same "Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is restoring the registry" I cannot do anything

:)

DianeMcKenzie1, May 30, 2020

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 30, 2020
  3. Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 30, 2020
  4. System restore frozen on my computer

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, May 30, 2020
Thema:

System restore frozen on my computer

1. System restore frozen on my computer - Similar Threads - System restore frozen

2. computer will not system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer will not system restore: cannot get system restore to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-system-restore/b6d54aa0-fde6-4afe-b8e1-fb3fc513261f
  3. computer will not system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer will not system restore: cannot get system restore to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-system-restore/b6d54aa0-fde6-4afe-b8e1-fb3fc513261f
  4. computer will not system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. If I restore my computer to a system image-

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I restore my computer to a system image-: will I lose programs I had when I made the system image? I know I won't lose the files but lets say I had an older version of a program that I can't download again submitted by /u/makeupgain0 [link] [comments]...
  6. My computer was frozen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer was frozen: I was looking up recipes and my computer froze or locked up in the process. There was a Microsoft message on the screen and phone number. I called the number and a person with an Indian accent answered. That person had me to click on the window key and input something in...
  7. System restore - need help because I’m not sure if it’s frozen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restore - need help because I’m not sure if it’s frozen.: Alright so i probably deleted a registry file i shouldnt have while trying to fix something. The System Restore has been in the “restoring files...” state for about 1 hour now and I’m not sure if it’s frozen or just slow. I know that interrupting this can possibly brick my...
  8. System restore seems to be frozen. What are my choices?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore seems to be frozen. What are my choices?: I lost all of "My Places" on Google Earth and decided to try system restore to a date 2 days ago. The screen states that system restore is restoring the registry. It has been like this for over 3 hours. What are my options? Thanks...
  9. Frozen system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen system: I was dowloading ,actually installing a updated Epson driver ,then my system froze mouse and all. I waited 2 hours to see if it would complete the install (unfreeze) . I ended having to hold the power button to shut it down. Now it won't boot up -except windows defender...
  10. my computer get frozen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer get frozen: it frozen all the time pleaasae help 94835