Windows 10: System Restore full even when disabled.

Discus and support System Restore full even when disabled. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is this a bug or some weird oversight by myself??? A while back I noticed some of the machines I manage with fairly small SSD's were becoming full very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarrenCax, Dec 2, 2019.

1. System Restore full even when disabled.

Is this a bug or some weird oversight by myself??? A while back I noticed some of the machines I manage with fairly small SSD's were becoming full very quickly. When prepping new machines, I always make sure System Restore is disabled. However, when trying to free up some space, I noticed multiple machines showed System Restore using the max (10%) drive space, even though it was set to disabled... What's more strange is I am unable to delete these restore points. If I click delete, it shows 0 bytes used, but upon opening the window up again, it still shows the same usage. The only way I can seemingly remove them is set the allowed usage down to 1%.

Oh yes... Windows 10 Enterprise. I think I first noticed it around the 1809 release. And no usage during the preperations (at least not until the machine is on the domain).

submitted by /u/DarrenCax
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DarrenCax, Dec 2, 2019

2. How do I disable system restore?

I hear dif you have a virus.... after you clean your machine.... 100% cleaned then you disable your system restore and turn it on back something like that.

how do I disable system restore?

HiddenStupid, Dec 2, 2019
  3. How do I disable system restore?

oh ok got it.

so..... what exactly is system restore? is it that thing where you reformat?

when do i turn it on back?

1- virus
    2- cleaned system
    3- disable system restore
    4- uhh now what?
    5- do i turn it on right away after disable it or wait few min or day?

HiddenStupid, Dec 2, 2019
  4. jellyroll Win User

System Restore full even when disabled.

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore full even when disabled. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore full even when disabled. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

System Restore full even when disabled.

1. System Restore full even when disabled. - Similar Threads - System Restore full

2. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  3. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  4. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bosd even after system restore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bosd even after system restore.: Hello so I've recently just built my first gaming PC and it turned out great! But since recently I've gotten the BOSD error so far the most common stop code has been this one right here the driver not less or equal. I've ran several disk checks, ran the windows driver...
  6. System restore disabled 2004

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore disabled 2004: After updating to 2004, system restore was disabled. 158986
  7. System restore disabled 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System restore disabled 2004: After updating to 2004, system restore was disabled. 158986
  8. System Restore button disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore button disabled: I have a brand new computer with Windows 10 Home version on it, and I am trying to change the System Restore settings. However, the System Restore button is disable. What can I do to re-enable this?...
  9. Disable System Restore

Disable System Restore: Hi, I need to do the following tasks in the System Restore: 1. Set Max Usage = 0 2. Delete all restore points 3. Disable System Restore Should be using Command Line. 1st and 2nd step I've no any idea how to do. For 3rd step: net stop srservice sc config...
  10. System Restore disabled and cannot enable it

System Restore disabled and cannot enable it: Hi Since installing Windows 10 I've had a problem with System Restore. I've searched the web (including this forum) but so far have not found anyone with my particular problem. I'm not saying they're not there, just that I've not found them yet. As you can see from the...