Windows 10: System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours

Discus and support System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; ` I have been watching the following for more than 7 hours... What do I do? Thanks! Vince [img] 141410 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by gfr, Sep 27, 2019.

1. GFR
    gfr Win User

System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours

`

I have been watching the following for more than 7 hours...

What do I do?

Thanks!

Vince

System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours [​IMG]

:)

2. System restore running over 2 hours

System restore has been showing restoring registry for over an hour and a half . Whole process had been running over 2 hours. How do I get the system to restart and finish

RichWeiger, Sep 27, 2019
  3. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 27, 2019
  4. System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours

1. System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours - Similar Threads - System Restore has

2. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  3. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  4. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  5. System Restore has been going for hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore has been going for hours.: I wanted to make space on the C: drive of my new laptop Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15.6 using a micro SD card as permanent storage. The laptop has a built in card reader specifically for expanding storage, so I installed a brand new 1tb card and formatted it the way my limited...
  6. System Restore has been going on for 8 hours

System Restore has been going on for 8 hours: Hello. I did a System Restore in an attempt to fix my graphics card driver that was malfunctioning as an alternative to downloading a driver update 315 MB in size on dorm Wi-Fi lol. 9 hours of waiting later I'm still stuck on "restoring the registry". I'm considering a force...
  7. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore have been running for more than 2 hours: I had problems with my Microsoft outlook. The signature in the outlook was unresponsive, I then by accident uninstalled the Microsoft Office and tried to fix the problem by doing a system restore. The system restore point was selected and everything run smoothly, but now its...
  8. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore have been running for more than 2 hours: I had problems with my Microsoft outlook. The signature in the outlook was unresponsive, I then by accident uninstalled the Microsoft Office and tried to fix the problem by doing a system restore. The system restore point was selected and everything run smoothly, but now its...
  9. System Restore has been running for over two hours

System Restore has been running for over two hours: I ran system restore for windows 10 and it has been on the blue screen saying "restoring the registry" for over two hours. Should I keep waiting or shut down the computer?...
  10. System restore is restoring the registry and has been stuck like this 2 hrs

in Windows 10 Customization
    System restore is restoring the registry and has been stuck like this 2 hrs: My HP laptop has be stuck on please wait while windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-is-restoring-the-registry-and-has/12448bad-80bd-4d40-a362-9050f648347e