Windows 10: System Restore has been running for over two hours

Discus and support System Restore has been running for over two hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran system restore for windows 10 and it has been on the blue screen saying "restoring the registry" for over two hours. Should I keep waiting or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dumkauft1984, Feb 26, 2019.

1. System Restore has been running for over two hours

I ran system restore for windows 10 and it has been on the blue screen saying "restoring the registry" for over two hours. Should I keep waiting or shut down the computer?

:)

dumkauft1984, Feb 26, 2019

2. System restore running for hours

My computer running Windows 10 suddenly seemed to have no connection to the speakers in my computer and the drivers were MIA. Decided to run a system restore to see if that would fix and it’s been running for 8 hours. I need to use the computer. What
    do i do?

NancyGordon2, Feb 26, 2019
  3. System restore running over 2 hours

System restore has been showing restoring registry for over an hour and a half . Whole process had been running over 2 hours. How do I get the system to restart and finish

RichWeiger, Feb 26, 2019
  4. System Restore has been running for over two hours

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

System Restore has been running for over two hours

1. System Restore has been running for over two hours - Similar Threads - System Restore has

2. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore taking over 10 hours: Hi. My Windows system restore is taking over 10 hours. It seems to be stuck on restoring registry files, but hard drive light is still flashing like it's doing something. How long do I wait? Before forcing shut down.I have had a accounting program "Sage" on it and at some...
  3. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore taking over 10 hours: Hi. My Windows system restore is taking over 10 hours. It seems to be stuck on restoring registry files, but hard drive light is still flashing like it's doing something. How long do I wait? Before forcing shut down.I have had a accounting program "Sage" on it and at some...
  4. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System restore took over 3 hours

System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  6. Lost movies trying to move them, System Restore has been running for hours.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost movies trying to move them, System Restore has been running for hours.: I wanted to make space on the C: drive of my new laptop Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15.6 using a new 1tb micro SD card as permanent storage. The laptop has a built in card reader specifically for this. I have a lot of movies over 160gb and tried moving the Video folder onto the...
  7. System Restore has been going for hours.

System Restore has been going for hours.: I wanted to make space on the C: drive of my new laptop Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15.6 using a micro SD card as permanent storage. The laptop has a built in card reader specifically for expanding storage, so I installed a brand new 1tb card and formatted it the way my limited...
  8. System Restore has been going on for 8 hours

System Restore has been going on for 8 hours: Hello. I did a System Restore in an attempt to fix my graphics card driver that was malfunctioning as an alternative to downloading a driver update 315 MB in size on dorm Wi-Fi lol. 9 hours of waiting later I'm still stuck on "restoring the registry". I'm considering a force...
  9. System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours: ` I have been watching the following for more than 7 hours... What do I do? Thanks! Vince [img] 141410
  10. System restore running for hours

System restore running for hours: My computer running Windows 10 suddenly seemed to have no connection to the speakers in my computer and the drivers were MIA. Decided to run a system restore to see if that would fix and it’s been running for 8 hours. I need to use the computer. What do i do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore running for over an hour

2. system restore has been running for 6 hours

3. system restore windows 10 been running for 2 hr

4. system restore running over 2 hours