Windows 10: System restore has not worked for over a year

Discus and support System restore has not worked for over a year in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My restore points all get deleted automatically and the restore points that are created before the windows updates are corrupted and do not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KeithHupp, Feb 15, 2020.

1. KeithHupp Win User

System restore has not worked for over a year

My restore points all get deleted automatically and the restore points that are created before the windows updates are corrupted and do not work.

System restore has not worked for over a year 69f3b61c-a426-4971-ad8d-f5de0191c260?upload=true.png

Are their any 3rd party software that has a similar feature to windows system restore?

:)

KeithHupp, Feb 15, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 15, 2020
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Pinchy Win User

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. System restore has not worked for over a year - Similar Threads - System restore has

2. How The Cloud Has Evolved Over The Past Years

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How The Cloud Has Evolved Over The Past Years: The post How The Cloud Has Evolved Over The Past Years appeared first on Win10 FAQ. read more...
  3. Windows Explorer has been not responding for over a year

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer has been not responding for over a year: Does anone else see behaviour like this? Dev channel 20262. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-has-been-not-responding-for-over/2b7137c8-5354-4eda-b3db-3760ffd572b1
  4. Bluescreen for over a year!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen for over a year!: Windows Version Number: Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.900) Hello! I have some problems with my PC and no one seems to know how to fix it my suspicion is the graphics card but I'm really not sure. So basically I have been getting bluescreens for over a whole year and I've...
  5. Bluescreen for over a year!

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluescreen for over a year!: Windows Version Number: Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.900) Hello! I have some problems with my PC and no one seems to know how to fix it my suspicion is the graphics card but I'm really not sure. So basically I have been getting bluescreens for over a whole year and I've...
  6. System Restore has been running for over two hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore has been running for over two hours: I ran system restore for windows 10 and it has been on the blue screen saying "restoring the registry" for over two hours. Should I keep waiting or shut down the computer?...
  7. System restore is not working...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore is not working...: I am having an issue with my Windows 10 desktop. Starting from the beginning, whenever, I go out of town, I remove my HDD from my desktop, put it in an external case and hide it. I have done this many times without issue. I went out of town and returned on Tuesday. Tuesday...
  8. System Restore not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore not working: Got a problem with the "Create Restore Point" function, it just hangs up the computer and needs TM to shut it down. This is affecting my Anti-Virus software as well as a software removal program since they both try to create a Restore Point before proceeding. I just tried...
  9. System Restore not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore not working: I've tried system restore at couple of points. Every time it goes through it's thing and says "you system did change, file not found, most likely do to anti-virus software. I disable my Kaspersky and still the same thing. It gave an error # 0x8007005. If I need...
  10. System Restore Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Restore Not Working: Sys restore not restoring, can make a new restore point no problems but throws this message when attempting to restore. [img] Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 80065