Windows 10: System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

Discus and support System restore have been running for more than 2 hours in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I had problems with my Microsoft outlook. The signature in the outlook was unresponsive, I then by accident uninstalled the Microsoft Office and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Bianca1234, Aug 20, 2019.

1. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

I had problems with my Microsoft outlook. The signature in the outlook was unresponsive, I then by accident uninstalled the Microsoft Office and tried to fix the problem by doing a system restore.

The system restore point was selected and everything run smoothly, but now its been over 2 hours and its still stuck with the system restore screen, restoring registry.....

Should I leave it and hope and pray that it finish or what must I do?

:)

Bianca1234, Aug 20, 2019

2. System restore running over 2 hours

System restore has been showing restoring registry for over an hour and a half . Whole process had been running over 2 hours. How do I get the system to restart and finish

RichWeiger, Aug 20, 2019
  3. tensone Win User
    Windows system restore - taking 2 hours plus ?

Tried a system restore on 2 occasions today.

First session ran for over 2hrs with the screen saying "Please wait while etc etc".

Read that if runs more than an hour it may be frozen and suggests a hard reset of the device.

The second session is doing the same restoring for 2 hours plus.

Is this expected or an error/fault somewhere on the system causing it run more than an hour etc.

tensone, Aug 20, 2019
  4. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

System Restore Taking 2 Hours

HELP! Yesterday after installing Office 365 on my computer I started having blue screen of doom - and errors below 1. Service_Exception_cld... I researched and MS community suggested that I turn on Driver Verifier. I did that and during the night my
    computer crashed. However, when I went to restart I got the following errors IRQL_Not_Less And then it would just endless loop through your computer shut down and needs to restart - there is an error, needs to restart.... So I selected system restore. That
    was 2 hours ago. It has been scrolling (the bar is moving) on "Restoring Files" for 2 hours now. What do I do? Is it legit still running the system restore because the scroll bar is still moving, or is it locked up? How long should this take? What do
    I do if it locks up - can I reboot and will it start again or do I have to take this to a computer store. The Dell desktop I'm working on is only 2.5 weeks old. I've researched and can't find anything on how long a Windows 10 restore should take, and nothing
    other than hope you have the backup disks for rebooting in the middle of the restore - which I don't have because everything came preloaded!

sewhappy4me66, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

1. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours - Similar Threads - System restore been

2. I've been installing euro truck simulator 2 and it has been going more than 10 hour. Why...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've been installing euro truck simulator 2 and it has been going more than 10 hour. Why...: I've been installing euro truck simulator 2 and it has been going more than 10 hour. Why is it taking so long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-installing-euro-truck-simulator-2-and-it/98326ff0-8d91-48ae-8d6b-2330ffe92521
  3. Startup Repair has been running for more than 30 hours and is still running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup Repair has been running for more than 30 hours and is still running: To try to resolve a black screen problem I hard rebooted into Repair Mode and launched System Restore. Up to now so far the restore has been running for 31 hours but the hard drive activity light is still flickering continuously. Some comments on the internet said that if you...
  4. System Restore has been going for hours.

System Restore has been going for hours.: I wanted to make space on the C: drive of my new laptop Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15.6 using a micro SD card as permanent storage. The laptop has a built in card reader specifically for expanding storage, so I installed a brand new 1tb card and formatted it the way my limited...
  5. Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours: My friend is experiencing slow computer after using it more than 6 hours seldom only. After the slow. the mouse and keyboard dont work but no BSOD occus He just purchase a 16gb trident z neo. Can a bad ram can cause slow to a computer? we already tried 2133mhz. No BSOD...
  6. Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours: My friend is experiencing slow computer after using it more than 6 hours seldom only. After the slow. the mouse and keyboard dont work but no BSOD occus He just purchase a 16gb trident z neo. Can a bad ram can cause slow to a computer? we already tried 2133mhz. No BSOD...
  7. System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours: ` I have been watching the following for more than 7 hours... What do I do? Thanks! Vince [img] 141410
  8. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore have been running for more than 2 hours: I had problems with my Microsoft outlook. The signature in the outlook was unresponsive, I then by accident uninstalled the Microsoft Office and tried to fix the problem by doing a system restore. The system restore point was selected and everything run smoothly, but now its...
  9. System Restore has been running for over two hours

System Restore has been running for over two hours: I ran system restore for windows 10 and it has been on the blue screen saying "restoring the registry" for over two hours. Should I keep waiting or shut down the computer?...
  10. System restore running for hours

System restore running for hours: My computer running Windows 10 suddenly seemed to have no connection to the speakers in my computer and the drivers were MIA. Decided to run a system restore to see if that would fix and it’s been running for 8 hours. I need to use the computer. What do i do?...