Windows 10: System Restore - How long is too long for the ‘system restore is initializing’ screen

Discus and support System Restore - How long is too long for the ‘system restore is initializing’ screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC has been on this screen for about 30 minutes. Is that normal? submitted by /u/osowavy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/osowavy, Nov 23, 2019.

1. System Restore - How long is too long for the ‘system restore is initializing’ screen

My PC has been on this screen for about 30 minutes. Is that normal?

submitted by /u/osowavy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/osowavy, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Kenshai Win User

System Restore - Safe?

System restore will still leave a lot of your data on it, honestly a quick reinstall would be best. Shouldn't take that long.

Kenshai, Nov 23, 2019
  3. windows 10,system restore in loop to initualize.continous initialization..

Hello Albert,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced. Let us know few things to analyze the issue.

• What of mean by "constant loop"?
    • Is it stuck at any point during System Restore?
    • How did you initiate the System Restore? Is it from Desktop environment or Recovery Environment?
    • Since how long it stuck on the same screen?
    Give us this details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 23, 2019
  4. larrymcg Win User

System Restore - How long is too long for the ‘system restore is initializing’ screen

How Long to do System Restore

Win 10 Pro v1803 My system currently has 4 restore points totaling about 23GB. I recently successfully did a system restore. At first I didn't think it was going to work because it sat there in the "Initializing..." condition for 45 minutes before I gave up watching and went to bed. The next morning my system, amazingly enough, was sitting there being happy. The system restore had worked!

Over many years, going back to at least Windows Me, I have done many system restores, most of which have succeeded, and none of which took such a long time to get going.

I'm wondering how long a system restore should take?

-- Larry

larrymcg, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

System Restore - How long is too long for the ‘system restore is initializing’ screen

1. System Restore - How long is too long for the ‘system restore is initializing’ screen - Similar Threads - System Restore long

2. How long should system restore be?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long should system restore be?: I’m on my laptop and I’ve tried restoring it to a restore point. From what I’ve read it should take 20-45 minutes but my one has taken an hour and still hasn’t finished and if this isn’t supposed to happen how do I fix it....
  3. How long should system restore be?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long should system restore be?: I’m on my laptop and I’ve tried restoring it to a restore point. From what I’ve read it should take 20-45 minutes but my one has taken an hour and still hasn’t finished and if this isn’t supposed to happen how do I fix it....
  4. How long should system restore be?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore taking too long..

System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point3 hours agoand used it to...
  6. System Restore taking far too long

System Restore taking far too long: I started a system restore today and it's been restoring for about 3 hours now, which is obviously taking far too long. I don't really know what to do. Please reply ASAP! Thank you Regards, Jui-Chen...
  7. How Long to do System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How Long to do System Restore: Win 10 Pro v1803 My system currently has 4 restore points totaling about 23GB. I recently successfully did a system restore. At first I didn't think it was going to work because it sat there in the "Initializing..." condition for 45 minutes before I gave up watching and went...
  8. system restoring point taking too long

system restoring point taking too long: It’s been almost 8 hours and its still stuck at “please wait while your windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is restoring the registry...”...
  9. System restore taking too long?

System restore taking too long?: I'm trying to restore my laptop to my restore point on Oct 9. It has been three hours and I'm unsure if there is something wrong. Any advice would be appreciated....
  10. System Restore taking too long..

System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point(3 hours ago)and used it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 system restore is initializing how long hours

2. how long is too long for pc restore