Windows 10: System Restore in Dual Boot Environment

Discus and support System Restore in Dual Boot Environment in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have noticed during those times when I have needed to resort to System Restore to fix a problem, either the System Restore failed or the Restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dlwmacgregor, Jun 23, 2017.

1. System Restore in Dual Boot Environment

I have noticed during those times when I have needed to resort to System Restore to fix a problem, either the System Restore failed or the Restore Points I had created previously were gone.
    When I am in the System Protection (System Restore) window for Windows 7, my boot drive status is On and the drive for my Windows 10 drive is Off.
    The reverse is true when I boot into Windows 10 - the boot drive for Win 10 is On, while the drive for Win 7 is Off.
    I suspect that each time I boot into one OS it is deleting the Restore Point for the other OS (separate drives) simply because it is set to Off for the drive I am NOT booting from.
    Could this be the cause and is the remedy to "disable" the drive of the non-active OS?
    My reasoning is - if the active OS can't "see" the other OS drive, it can't delete the Restore Point(s) that are on it.
    Sound reasonable?

System Restore in Dual Boot Environment [​IMG]

:)

dlwmacgregor, Jun 23, 2017

2. windows recovery environment

I have installed ubuntu 14.04 LTS in windows 10 os to make my laptop dual boot.

After installation of ubuntu, my lenovo laptop windows 10 was changed to windows recovery environment (loader)-sda1.

How to restore my windows 10 as default boot

Sreenivas ReddyGutha, Jun 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 cant install updates KB3163018 and KB3167685 (on an Alienware laptop) (please help me)

How do you set up a secure boot and a dual boot with Linux in an BIOS environment rather than a UEFI one?

vernamccullough, Jun 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

System Restore in Dual Boot Environment

dalchina, Jun 24, 2017
Thema:

System Restore in Dual Boot Environment

1. System Restore in Dual Boot Environment - Similar Threads - System Restore Dual

2. the selected system image cannot be restored in this recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the selected system image cannot be restored in this recovery environment: Hi, I just upgraded my PC from Windows 32 bit to 64 bit. I have a few partitions on my hard drive. I followed the online instruction and created a WindowsImageBackup which is now stored on an external hard drive. The upgrade process was fine and smooth. I deleted the current...
  3. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  4. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  5. System restored will not boot

System restored will not boot: I restored a backup, now it will no boot. Tried all repair options I can find, no joy, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restored-will-not-boot/7fff9b58-55c0-4b21-91b4-b83c2d63124d
  6. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  7. the selected system image cannot be restored in this recovery environment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the selected system image cannot be restored in this recovery environment: Hi again, I have finally managed to sort my Windows 10 installation out after having error code 0xc000021a however now I'm having trouble trying to restore my system image from an external hard drive it says (the selected system image cannot be restored in this recovery...
  8. Dual Boot Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dual Boot Backup and Restore: Hi Im not !00% sure or confident enough to try and back up my dual boot Win10 and Win7 on the same SSD Drive with 4 partitions. Do I have to backup system reserved partition? can I backup leaving rollback working dual boot or should it be removed then reinstall when both...
  9. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...
  10. Dual booting and system imaging

Dual booting and system imaging: Hey. So i currently have Windows 10 pro on my wd blue nvme 256gb and i have 500gb ssd for storing my games. I will get a another 500gb ssd for other media like videos and photos. I would like to get into video editing and that leads me to "how to do this". I want to dual...