Windows 10: System restore in Win10

Discus and support System restore in Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran into a situation where I think system restore may solve the problem. This desktop system originally came with WIN7 and it was automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dresdenron, Jan 21, 2019.

1. System restore in Win10

I ran into a situation where I think system restore may solve the problem. This desktop system originally came with WIN7 and it was automatically updated to WIN10 quite a while ago. I have used system restore in previous versions of Windows but this is the first time using WIN10 restore.

When i go into system restore the screen lists a restore point with the date i would like to use for C: drive. Then it also lists a Recovery drive with the status of The drive is not in the selected restore point.

Above that box is a Warning Icon stating you must always restore the drive that contains Windows. Restoring other drives is optional.

Is there anything to worry about here? I haven't seen the warning message in other system restores in the past.

Thanks

Ron

:)

dresdenron, Jan 21, 2019

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jan 21, 2019
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

I made many changes on the computer before I start to worry about the System Restore, including update from win8 to win10.

I realized about the problem with the System Restore when I wanted to make a backup copy througth VEEAM Endpoint Backup (VEB) that use the Volume Shadow Copy Service to take a snapshot from the disks and made a copy even if the files has been used.

I tried almost all of "steps" but no one solve the problem.

System restore in Win10 9d0bfcda-3629-4288-9db9-e48e95ef9273.png

LalloLevyston, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

System restore in Win10

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

System restore in Win10

1. System restore in Win10 - Similar Threads - System restore Win10

2. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points: How do I control System Restore in WIN10? System Restore use to be a very good tool years ago for computer repair and support, but now isn't very useful. I have set aside a sizable amount of space for restore points but they keep disappearing without my intervention. How do I...
  3. Using a Win10 system image to restore Win10 from Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a Win10 system image to restore Win10 from Win11: Prior to downgrading to win 11, I made a system image.Then I used Macrium reflect to clone the drive onto an M2drive, then replace the conventional HD with a bigger one.After almost a month I did this over Christmas I'm sick of all the issues Win11 has caused, and am going to...
  4. Using a Win10 system image to restore Win10 from Win11

Using a Win10 system image to restore Win10 from Win11: Prior to downgrading to win 11, I made a system image.Then I used Macrium reflect to clone the drive onto an M2drive, then replace the conventional HD with a bigger one.After almost a month I did this over Christmas I'm sick of all the issues Win11 has caused, and am going to...
  5. Win10 System Restore Failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 System Restore Failure.: Hi,I'm trying to do a system restore from a system restore point on a failed boot from the Safe Boot Troubleshooting startup system.It runs for a while, finishes and then says it failed with error 0x80070780 and the message is saying the error is restoring...
  6. Win10 System Restore Failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 System Restore Failure.: Hi,I'm trying to do a system restore from a system restore point on a failed boot from the Safe Boot Troubleshooting startup system.It runs for a while, finishes and then says it failed with error 0x80070780 and the message is saying the error is restoring...
  7. Win10 System Restore Failure.

8. System image restore failed Win10 - 0x8078008C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image restore failed Win10 - 0x8078008C: Hello. I have created a Windows 10 Image using Windows 7 file recovery and I'm finding that, when I try to restore from it, the restore fails stating that "Windows Backup failed to import the operating system loader entry for the recovered operating system into the boot...
  9. System Restore Points disappear, Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Points disappear, Win10: If system restore points routinely disappear in a day or two, why does MS even offer the option? Or, if MS intends such a short life for temporary protection only, why not let users know about it? This happens independently of system updates, which, of course, delete...
  10. System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10: Hi, A few days ago I discovered I had some corruptive files preventing me from Updating successfully. So, after much hair-pulling I did a Windows 10 reinstall via a USB Flash Drive while Windows was running and it was successful thanks to some talented folks on this forum....