Windows 10: System restore is restoring the registry and has been stuck like this 2 hrs

Discus and support System restore is restoring the registry and has been stuck like this 2 hrs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My HP laptop has be stuck on please wait while windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolinDavis, Dec 1, 2018.

1. System restore is restoring the registry and has been stuck like this 2 hrs

My HP laptop has be stuck on please wait while windows files and settings are being restored

System restore is restoring the registry

:)

CarolinDavis, Dec 1, 2018

2. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Dec 1, 2018
  4. System restore is restoring the registry and has been stuck like this 2 hrs

How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

System restore is restoring the registry and has been stuck like this 2 hrs

1. System restore is restoring the registry and has been stuck like this 2 hrs - Similar Threads - System restore restoring

2. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  3. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  4. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  5. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  6. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  7. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  8. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours: ` I have been watching the following for more than 7 hours... What do I do? Thanks! Vince [img] 141410
  10. System restore stuck on registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore stuck on registry: I did a system restore and it has been at least 6 hours and it is stuck on registry. I did a hard reset and now NOTHING!!! HELP PLEASE? ! Dee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck-on-registry/c02af099-2cc9-44a8-9acc-46988011d026

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore is restoring the registry

2. system restore stuck on restoring registry

3. system restore is stuck on restoring registry

4. windows 10 system restore stuck on registry,
  5. system restore stuck on registry,
  6. system restore is restoring registry,
  7. system restore stuck in restoring registry,
  8. system restore is restoring the registry stuck,
  9. system restore stuck at restoring registry,
  10. restoring registry stuck,
  11. windows 10 stuck restoring registry,
  12. windows 10 system restore running for 5 hours restoring registry,
  13. windows 10 system restore stuck,
  14. Window files are being restored and system Restore is registering the Registry,
  15. stuck on restoring registry