Windows 10: System restore is unsuccessful

Discus and support System restore is unsuccessful in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Each malware software product can be uninstall but may leave behind fragments in the registry. Run the Avira uninstall tool to see if it can find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by debgram, Apr 5, 2018.

1. debgram Win User

System restore is unsuccessful

I tried that but it said nothing found, I found an application appraiser script and it found this c:\windows\syswow64\drivers\avipbb.sys I removed it and now trying to download update again. Still can't get system restore to work right.

debgram, Apr 5, 2018
  2. debgram Win User

I have tried different restore points, in safe mode and not in safe mode and both come up as unsuccessful. Even my windows update has failed. What is going on, cause I'm having issues with my printer/scanner not working and was trying to use restore and now nothing is working. HELP!

:)

debgram, Apr 30, 2018
  3. VPPham Win User
    No boot after unsuccessful System restore

Hi

I had the same problem after unsuccessful system restore. I tried everything without success. The BIOS keys did not respond. I did not have any USB or CD or DVD of Windows 10. What should I do. Please help. Thanks.

V.P. Pham

VPPham, Apr 30, 2018
  4. System restore is unsuccessful

No boot after unsuccessful System restore

OT- System Restore Interruption

Hello, my PC (HP 630) restore was interrupted before completion, now the PC displays nothing at all after booting, what should I do??

I was trying to restore the machine to a previous point when it used to work properly with a modem...

Sebastianmunyao, Apr 30, 2018
  5. Hi debgram

I know its two late now but could I suggest a product like Macrium Reflect going forward. Free, reliable and member recommended. You can store Images on your HDD for quick recovery and on an external drive to protect against a dead drive.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Did you update to V1803 today?

A number of printers have a very set install order. You need to install drivers before the machine sees printer.

I would head to manufacture site and download the latest and greatest drivers / software for your device. Shut off existing printer, then uninstalled the device in settings and remove any programs in apps. Then kick off the driver / software install and when install says it needs or can't can't printer turn it / connect it.

Things should be back to normal. (Fingers crossed)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 30, 2018
  6. debgram Win User
    Printer doesn't have new drivers. It worked fine yesterday. Windows update isn't downloading for me keep getting error in database.

debgram, Apr 30, 2018
  7. Interesting.

If your printer / scanner is wireless you could also power reset router, unplug, count to 20 slowly, plug in. If it were just print I would also say clear the print queue, could be a job that is stuck. (and power cycle printer / scanner)

The procedure above is what I do when my clients get printer issues. Grab the latest drivers, even if they are not new.

For first attempt to fix updates - Start => Settings => Update and Security => Troubleshoot => Windows Update

Then do a restart and try again.

Caledon Ken, Apr 30, 2018
  8. debgram Win User

Done that with the reset, twice even. The windows update I did that too, that's where the database error shows up.

debgram, Apr 30, 2018
  9. debgram Win User
    Windows update goes to 49% and says for me to uninstall Avira Anivir but I don't have that on my pc. I looked in registry and all over, I don't have it anywhere to remove it so update stops.

debgram, Apr 30, 2018
  10. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

1. System restore is unsuccessful - Similar Threads - System restore unsuccessful

2. payment unsuccessful

in Windows 10 Gaming
    payment unsuccessful: we did not able to proceed with payment as it is showing some errorname in while paying through credit card please help us in this matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/payment-unsuccessful/609ba2fa-1699-497a-861f-8303aae99122
  3. Unsuccessful undo restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unsuccessful undo restore: Yesterday I deleted a program and the folder then emptied recycled bin, I moved a few notepad files from folder to desktop before I deleted. I then reinstalled program and added files to folder. It didnt bring up the files so I did a system restore to 11.13.2020, and now I...
  4. System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update

System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update: My laptop model is HP 17-by0xxx. I have tried to install the OS windows 10, version 2004 yesterdayMy earlier running one being version 1909. I couldn't find the update from windows update setting in my pc, so I tried to do it by force update using windows update assistant. It...
  5. System Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore: Hi I accidentally backed up my portable sat-nav into my windows 10 and now the memory is full. Does anyone know how to restore the system in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/021c72ee-993a-4da4-b0fa-50187bb87dc0"
  6. system restore

system restore: My system restore is greyed out. This is a home built computer. I have a SSD 5G as my C drive. Just noticed this, installed windows 10 student in January. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/cf9ca48a-a20a-4297-8ab1-35c54fb7f1e4
  7. System Restore

System Restore: Hi whenever I use system restore it says it was not succesful, i've tried many diferent resore points and done it in safe mode with no success, any ideas please? I'm using windows 10...
  8. system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system restore: Hello I just did a system restore and cannot find my devices or drivers. How can I fix it? I also can't get my homescreen to a full screen. I have tried to do this by using the arrows to fill the screen. I do have a full screen on my screen saver. I'm not tech savy at all....
  9. System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore: Unable to find System Restore function in W10.Could someone please guide me on how to find this very valuable tool which has rescued me many times. 20502
  10. Around 12-15 gb decrease in C drive after unsuccessful system restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Around 12-15 gb decrease in C drive after unsuccessful system restore: Yesterday I was facing some problem with my computer with windows 10 home and so I decided to perform a system restore which i had created a few days back ago. After starting system restore and allowing it for almost an hour, the laptop screen was still showing initializing...