Windows 10: System restore keeps deleting my app executable and folder. How can I prevent that?

Discus and support System restore keeps deleting my app executable and folder. How can I prevent that? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an app we created with a folder and executable file. Every time I run system restore to an earlier date it removes them. How can I prevent this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobWing, Jan 12, 2019.

1. BobWing Win User

System restore keeps deleting my app executable and folder. How can I prevent that?

I have an app we created with a folder and executable file. Every time I run system restore to an earlier date it removes them. How can I prevent this? Is there any cmd instructions to tell restore not to remove that folder or a white list for system restore? Please help!

:)

BobWing, Jan 12, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused System restore keeps deleting my app executable and folder. How can I prevent that? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well System restore keeps deleting my app executable and folder. How can I prevent that? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink System restore keeps deleting my app executable and folder. How can I prevent that? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 12, 2019
  4. System restore keeps deleting my app executable and folder. How can I prevent that?

Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

System restore keeps deleting my app executable and folder. How can I prevent that?

1. System restore keeps deleting my app executable and folder. How can I prevent that? - Similar Threads - System restore keeps

2. How can I restore my Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I restore my Documents folder?: Hello,I wanted to change the location of my Documents folder from OneDrive to my E drive but the normal way of going about it wasn't workinggoing into Properties>Location and changing it there. So I looked online for other solutions and i ran this command:...
  3. The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?: Last night, I updated my computer before going to bed. This morning, when I signed in, I noticed that my background image was missing. I went to the personalize menu and tried to add a custom background, but there was nothing in that folder. I had made about 5 subfolders and...
  4. The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?: Last night, I updated my computer before going to bed. This morning, when I signed in, I noticed that my background image was missing. I went to the personalize menu and tried to add a custom background, but there was nothing in that folder. I had made about 5 subfolders and...
  5. How can i restore my windows apps and other system files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i restore my windows apps and other system files?: I was about to reinstall windows 10 when i uninstalled some program that i didn't know about and as soon as i reset my pc, waited for the installation to finish. I notice my notepad, microsoft and other apps that windows should install are gone. The snip sketch works but...
  6. How can i restore my windows apps and other system files?

How can i restore my windows apps and other system files?: I was about to reinstall windows 10 when i uninstalled some program that i didn't know about and as soon as i reset my pc, waited for the installation to finish. I notice my notepad, microsoft and other apps that windows should install are gone. The snip sketch works but...
  7. How can I restore a removed/deleted threat or app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore a removed/deleted threat or app?: I have a cracked Sims 4 and Windows Defender deleted it. Please see picture attached.Before, it will allow me to restore the threat but now it doesn't have that option anymore. Someone help me please. It is not in the Quarantined files as well....
  8. How can I restore a removed/deleted threat or app?

How can I restore a removed/deleted threat or app?: I have a cracked Sims 4 and Windows Defender deleted it. Please see picture attached.Before, it will allow me to restore the threat but now it doesn't have that option anymore. Someone help me please. It is not in the Quarantined files as well....
  9. How can Deleted system be restored and to boot window ON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can Deleted system be restored and to boot window ON: I downloaded and deleted an app got my system deleted everything, booting window is not opening right now. I tried ways to open window nothing can't recover, can't reset, I used Command:C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowThis appear. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...
  10. Chkdsk deleted my Windows folder. Can I restore it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chkdsk deleted my Windows folder. Can I restore it?: I have two hard drives connected where both have windows 10 installed. When I boot into one of them, it did a check for consistency type scan on my secondary hard drive which contain a separate Windows 10 OS. When I tried to log into that one it just shows a black screen.I...