Windows 10: System restore keeps giving password incorrect

Discus and support System restore keeps giving password incorrect in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1. Power dipped and PC switched off. When power returned I switched on my PC 2. A message appeared saying Microsoft was preparing an automatic repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TraceyChananie, Apr 22, 2021.

1. System restore keeps giving password incorrect

1. Power dipped and PC switched off. When power returned I switched on my PC

2. A message appeared saying Microsoft was preparing an automatic repair

3. A screen appeared requesting I select my account & enter my password.

4. I selected my Admin account & entered the Microsoft password I recently reset & verified earlier today is valid and works, for example accessing my Microsoft account.

5. Password once again is not accepted

6. Selected “Forgot password - restart”

7. Microsoft message appears “Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart”

8. Computer then doesn’t restart, but shuts down

9. Waited 10 mins to see if PC restarted. Did not restart.

10. Powered up PC, steps 2 - 8 repeat.

11. Attempted further power up - steps 2 - 8 repeated again.

In effect I am now completely locked out of my computer until and if a fix can be provided.

:)

TraceyChananie, Apr 22, 2021

2. While in system restore if keeps saying password incorrect and I cant do anything

So the backstory is i downloaded a driver and it has killed my pc. It keeps loading me into system restore and asking for a password that is constantly incorrect.

JeremyGarside, Apr 22, 2021
  3. While in system restore if keeps saying password incorrect and I cant do anything

I need urgent help. Please. My pc is booting to system restore and im teying to do a sytem restore. But for some reason it keeps saying password incorrect!!! I cant cant do anything. Please help me

JeremyGarside, Apr 22, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

System restore keeps giving password incorrect

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

System restore keeps giving password incorrect

1. System restore keeps giving password incorrect - Similar Threads - System restore keeps

2. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  3. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  4. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Restore show password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore show password incorrect: I try to System Restore and i checked all the passwords, but noone work.I just want to exit from System Restore, everytime when i restart PC System Restore run automatic.Can i exit from System Restore and launch windows normally?I try to Forgotten your password, but PC just...
  6. System Restore show password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore show password incorrect: I try to System Restore and i checked all the passwords, but noone work.I just want to exit from System Restore, everytime when i restart PC System Restore run automatic.Can i exit from System Restore and launch windows normally?I try to Forgotten your password, but PC just...
  7. System Restore show password incorrect

8. password incorrect in system restore

password incorrect in system restore: my pc started crashing with, 'Your PC Ran Into an issue'the blue screen once in the morning and as time went by, it started crashing more often and by evening it crashed in some seconds after I started it. so I went to restore point and restored my pc 5 days before, which had...
  9. While in system restore if keeps saying password incorrect and I cant do anything

While in system restore if keeps saying password incorrect and I cant do anything: I need urgent help. Please. My pc is booting to system restore and im teying to do a sytem restore. But for some reason it keeps saying password incorrect!!! I cant cant do anything. Please help me...
  10. System Restore Password

System Restore Password: I bought this laptop thru eBay. The seller got the password from the previous owner & gave it to me. I'm trying to do a system restore back to a previous point and it's asking for a password. I'm using this password he gave me & it says wrong password. What do I do now?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 system restore option wrong password help

2. system restore incorrect password