Windows 10: System Restore - limited to only 1- 2 days ?

Discus and support System Restore - limited to only 1- 2 days ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and 500GB hard drive. However unlike with Windows 7, or XP which had numerous automatic restore points stretching back 1- 2 weeks,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by surfing69, Jun 7, 2019.

1. surfing69 Win User

System Restore - limited to only 1- 2 days ?

I have windows 10 and 500GB hard drive.

However unlike with Windows 7, or XP which had numerous automatic restore points stretching back 1- 2 weeks, with Windows 10, there is only 1 or 2 restore points under 'normal' conditions limited to 1 to 2 days.

I found the restore facility only had 3% make available. However despite increasing this to 75%, this has not increased the restore period.

System Restore - limited to only 1- 2 days ? e49639d4-fbca-443b-8992-eeecf84b8b0e?upload=true.jpg

Why cant I set System Restore over a longer time period? Or have i misunderstood?

:)

surfing69, Jun 7, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jun 7, 2019
  4. System Restore - limited to only 1- 2 days ?

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

System Restore - limited to only 1- 2 days ?

1. System Restore - limited to only 1- 2 days ? - Similar Threads - System Restore limited

2. BSoDs every 1-2 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoDs every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE just now and they all happened randomly. I didn't do anything before the BSoDs started happening, I've tried reinstalling...
  3. BSoD every 1-2 days

BSoD every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days while using my computer, it restarts and boots back immediately but it's getting annoying, minidump files and msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumN4IeuuOd9gy10p9mAVwwN1u7n?e=YEoMCf I didn't make any changes before and after the BSoDs started, i'm not...
  4. BSoD every 1-2 days.

BSoD every 1-2 days.: Hi, I've been getting lots of BSoDs recently. System was also stuttering a lot - audio and video drops. The stuttering problem seemed to have been caused by my joystick - a faulty connection I think. I've unplugged that and thought all was well until another BSoD this...
  5. Windows crashing 1-2 times a day

Windows crashing 1-2 times a day: My computer has been crashing daily for the past month. just during random times. sometimes when I an Surfing the Web, Writing an email or even when it is sleeping. The past details are just from today. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  6. Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs

Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs: Hi Microsoft Support, I'm trying to diagnose some BSODs on my own PC and I'm struggling to figure out what a root cause of this is. These crashes started happening after a few weeks ago. My PC has been fine before that for about 2 years. I have had a number of different...
  7. System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours: ` I have been watching the following for more than 7 hours... What do I do? Thanks! Vince [img] 141410
  8. restore to 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore to 2 days ago: I want to restore computer to 2 days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-2-days-ago/85995d58-361e-497c-9c7b-7972ccc13c4d
  9. !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!

in Windows 10 Support
    !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!: Hi. Got a SL2 - i5 - 256GB - 8gb and was really happy with it. If I did a review then I would say looks amazing, good screen, great battery, fantasic keyboard, jittery screen at times, not as much fluidity since since day 1, has lost some faith in it. Mostly I type and...
  10. !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!

in Windows 10 News
    !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!: Hi. Got a SL2 - i5 - 256GB - 8gb and was really happy with it. If I did a review then I would say looks amazing, good screen, great battery, fantasic keyboard, jittery screen at times, not as much fluidity since since day 1, has lost some faith in it. Mostly I type and...