Windows 10: System Restore missing from advanced startup options

Discus and support System Restore missing from advanced startup options in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My advanced startup options used to have a System Restore tile something like this. Attachment 124016 Now its gone. Is that normal under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by kitpzyxmsir, Mar 6, 2017.

1. System Restore missing from advanced startup options

My advanced startup options used to have a System Restore tile something like this.

Attachment 124016

Now its gone. Is that normal under the current setup or can I fix it?

thx

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Mar 6, 2017

2. Advanced Startup Options Missing from Update & Security/Recovery settings

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Refer to the below Methods and check if it helps.

1. Are you not able to view the Advanced startup option under Update and security option in control panel?

2. Are you facing any issues with Windows 10 other than the current issue?

Check whether if you referring to the same advanced startup option is shown in the below Microsoft Help Article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

I would suggest you to check the status of the issue in safe mode.

I would suggest you to create an ISO file of Windows 10 from below Microsoft Help Article and then perform below methods.

Download Windows 10

Method 1: Check the status of the computer in safe mode.1. Start (or boot) your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer.

2. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so.

3. When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click on
    Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Mode.

4. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click on
    Troubleshoot.

5. Click on Advanced Options.

6. Then on click on Startup Settings.

7. Click on Restart.

Then select Safe mode.

Method 2: I would suggest you to perform a system repair of the computer and check if it helps.

1. Start (or boot) your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer.

2. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so.

3. When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click on
    Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Mode.

4. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click on
    Troubleshoot.

5. Click on Advanced Options.

6. Then on click on Startup Repair.

Reply with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 6, 2017
  3. Advanced Startup Options Missing from Update & Security/Recovery settings

I've got one PC where the "Advanced Startup" button is missing in this settings panel. The only option is to reset. This is a fully activated Windows 10 install. I could not find a registry setting, group policy setting or any other option which is interfering
    with this. I've run sfc /scannow and no issues were discovered. All the standard tried and true troubleshooting methods have been tried. Any ideas?

JJ

JJ Diebolt, Mar 6, 2017
  4. System Restore missing from advanced startup options

Hi Kitpzyxmsir

Is your system restore enabled?

While you are checking that can you start System Restore from within Windows?

Windows + R, type sysdm.cpl
    click on System Protection tab. The button "System Restore" should not be grayed out.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 6, 2017
  5. kitpzyxmsir, Mar 6, 2017
  6. Interesting.

I recognize that is is outside the bounds of your question but a number of the members rely on Macrium Reflect to Image their OS as either an outright replacement of System Restore or as a backup to it.

There is a tutorial and for home use it is free.

I think I would perform the actions in this thread to resolve the situation. Before I did it though I would create an Image with Macrium and its boot disk so I could get back if an issue develops. You may want to search this forum on "Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade". You will see lots of threads with comments. There is a risk to any solution.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

I might just use Macrium until the Creators release is release in which case you would be going through an In Place Upgrade.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 6, 2017
  7. HI Caledon Ken,

Im a big proponent of Macrium. Probably my most treasured tool.

What I primarily need before I proceed any further is someones confirmation that the System Restore tile is or is not supposed to appear in the advanced startup options

kitpzyxmsir, Mar 7, 2017
  8. System Restore missing from advanced startup options

Well on two laptops I just checked it is there, so I will say yes.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Restore missing from advanced startup options

1. System Restore missing from advanced startup options - Similar Threads - System Restore missing

2. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I go to settings>update and recovery>recovery then go to advanced startup. When I go to advanced startup, then click on troubleshoot there is only option startup settings is available. Other settings command prompt, system restore, system image...
  3. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I go to settings>update and recovery>recovery then go to advanced startup. When I go to advanced startup, then click on troubleshoot there is only option startup settings is available. Other settings command prompt, system restore, system image...
  4. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing Advanced Power Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Advanced Power Options: I have a new Asus Zenbook UX431 with W10x64. Stock install. Win Pro. I only have 2 power plans: -'Balanced' -'Asus Recommended' However, when I goto advanced power options, I only have 4 available settings: Background, Sleep, Display, and Battery (see pic) I am missing all...
  6. "Use a device" option missing from advanced bootup options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Use a device" option missing from advanced bootup options: When you enter the advanced bootup options in Windows 10, there is supposed to be a "Use a device" option where you can boot from a USB drive or CD. However, on some PC's that I fix up, that option is not there. I then have no way to boot from an external drive. How do I get...
  7. Printer Advanced Options missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Advanced Options missing: After my latest Windows 10 update I am no longer to scale my print and the print on front and back option is missing from the options. I've removed my HP printer then reinstalled it and it tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a known solution? I saw this issue...
  8. Advanced Options missing

Advanced Options missing: My Advanced Options when i open Troubleshoot only show startup setting, When restart, i press F8 then always open to startup setting. I want use command prompt but it not show! Please help me! Thank for everyone [ATTACH]...
  9. "Use a Device" Advanced Startup Option Missing

"Use a Device" Advanced Startup Option Missing: Hello all, I have been having an incredibly frustrating time trying to accomplish something that should be relatively simple. I am trying to upgrade from the 32x version of Windows 10 to the 64x version. I have the installation media created onto a USB drive, but when I...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore option not in advanced options

2. system restore missing in advanced option