Windows 10: System Restore not accepting correct password - and a separate weird highlighting scrolling...

Discus and support System Restore not accepting correct password - and a separate weird highlighting scrolling... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to do a system restore in the hopes of solving a separate issue. However, it requires my account password - I just use my microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by APerson123123123, Jul 1, 2021.

1. System Restore not accepting correct password - and a separate weird highlighting scrolling...

I am trying to do a system restore in the hopes of solving a separate issue. However, it requires my account password - I just use my microsoft account, not a local account, and never use it for anything else so I forgot the password as Windows 10 just requires a PIN. So, I reset my microsoft account password. The new password works - as evident by me posting here - but System Restore says it is incorrect. I know it is using my microsoft account as I have never even created a separate local account for my PC, but it claims the password is incorrect.The actual issue I am trying to resolve thou

:)

APerson123123123, Jul 1, 2021

2. System Restore Will Not Accept Password

I had same issue and finally discovered that I was logging in with a pin and now my password. When I signed in with password system restore accepted my password.

judykayand, Jul 1, 2021
  3. System Restore Will Not Accept Password

This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try a System Restore and enter my password, the message says the password is incorrect. It's the same password that I use successfully to logon to Windows. I do not understand why it is not accepted by System Restore when the very same password allows me to logon to Windows. The version of Windows is version 1511 build 10586.873.

I am hesitant to go to the Creators Update with this problem.

Thanks

TexasBandit, Jul 1, 2021
  4. win10er Win User

System Restore not accepting correct password - and a separate weird highlighting scrolling...

System Restore Will Not Accept Password

They would never use a pin for anything other than logging on, I don't even think all pins are unique.

win10er, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

System Restore not accepting correct password - and a separate weird highlighting scrolling...

1. System Restore not accepting correct password - and a separate weird highlighting scrolling... - Similar Threads - System Restore accepting

2. Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?: Hi, first of all apologies for my English. My name is Alessandro. Unfortunately I have got a virus probably while surfing internet archive org and it went totally anarchical. Laptop is an HP IT Pavillion and is currently not usable.After trying to use Windows defender to...
  3. Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?: Hi, first of all apologies for my English. My name is Alessandro. Unfortunately I have got a virus probably while surfing internet archive org and it went totally anarchical. Laptop is an HP IT Pavillion and is currently not usable.After trying to use Windows defender to...
  4. Weird highlighting of system text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird highlighting of system text: I just noticed that a few windows text and other areas are highlighted in a fuchsia color. This started for me about a week ago and I'm not sure how to change it. As far as I can tell, this is only happening in windows system text and havent noticed it in applications or...
  5. Weird highlighting of system text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird highlighting of system text: I just noticed that a few windows text and other areas are highlighted in a fuchsia color. This started for me about a week ago and I'm not sure how to change it. As far as I can tell, this is only happening in windows system text and havent noticed it in applications or...
  6. Weird highlighting of system text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 System Restore not accepting password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 System Restore not accepting password: Hi, I updated my PC a month ago and have since not been able to get in. I boot up, and I get an error code/blue screen. I use automatic repair, and it doesn’t fix the issue. I get to the recovery screen to use system restore and I type the correct password in my account is...
  8. PC not Accepting correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC not Accepting correct password: I have just bought a new pc, and it is telling me to sign in to my Microsoft account. i did enter all the details correctly, but its still showing an incorrect password. Please help...
  9. Not accepting correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not accepting correct password: For some reason my laptop rebooting continuosly blue screen. After surfing online I came to know this can fixed through commands. Before command prompt pops up, it asked me to enter my outlook password. No matter how many times I entered the correct password it shows...
  10. System Restore Will Not Accept Password

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Will Not Accept Password: This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try a System Restore and enter my password, the message says the password is incorrect. It's the same password that I use successfully to...