Windows 10: System restore not available even though protection settings are on

Discus and support System restore not available even though protection settings are on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; System restore not available even though protection settings are on for drive C? I need to go back in time 3-6 hours but it says no restore points.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/freezersx, Jun 11, 2024.

1. System restore not available even though protection settings are on

System restore not available even though protection settings are on for drive C? I need to go back in time 3-6 hours but it says no restore points. It's off for my other drives but I only need to restore this one and its on for this one.

submitted by /u/freezersx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/freezersx, Jun 11, 2024

2. Cannot Create System Restore Point Because Cannot Turn On System Protection

In Control Panel/System/System Properties/System Protection, "Available Drives," all that is listed is "Searching..." No drives are located, so no System Restore point can be established.

How to fix?

I have an extensive active thread in another area of the community dealing with the failure of this PC to install the latest Windows 10 update. Prior to executing the next suggested step to fix that problem I need to create a System Restore point, so a
    solution to this issue must be found before I can move forward on the major problem.

YES, I have ALREADY run the SFC Command as Administrator and the report was that everything was A-OK.

Curmudgeon10, Jun 11, 2024
  3. Thrall Win User
    Is There a Way To Protect System Restore?

So I just got off trying to fix my dad's computer, for the 2nd time in a few months, because it has some kind of malware or trojan on it. The first thing I always go to to fix his system is system restore because he doesn't make many changes, if any at all, to windows, software, or basically anything system restore restores other than updating windows. But the last few times he's had various problems system restore, with either has it's restore points being deleted or restore won't even start up. So basically I really need help finding a way to either password protect system restore (preferably for free), get a 3rd restore program that won't get disabled by this malware crap, or any other alternative. I really appreciate any help you can give me because I've had this happen to a few computers that have come my way to fix and i wish there where a way to stop it.

Edit: Just found a program call Settings Lock (Settings Lock 2.7.0 (slarc.exe) Unix, Windows, Other Download) that I tested and it did successfully stop me from turning off system restore or changing it--but it's $25 and i'm not sure if restore could be turned off another other than my gui interface with that program so i'm still hoping to find something better or at least hear some more info about it.

Thrall, Jun 11, 2024
  4. Riel Alc Win User

System restore not available even though protection settings are on

System protection setting from On to Off.

Hi Frank,

You can perform a System Restore regardless if the System Protection setting is turned On or Off. The reason why System Protection needs to be turned On is to generate a restore point automatically when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update. For
    us to better assist you with this, we'd like to ask for the exact error message when you try running performing a System Restore?

Please follow the steps below to turn On/Off System Protection:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run dialog.
    • Type Control Panel, then hit Enter.
    • Set View by: Small icons, then select System.
    • In the left pane, click System protection.
    • Under System Protection tab, you will see Local Disk (CSystem restore not available even though protection settings are on :) (System) is
      On.
    • Click Local Disk (CSystem restore not available even though protection settings are on :) (System) to highlight it, then click
      Configure
    • Under Restore Settings, you will see the option to turn On/Off
      System Protection.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    Note: Under Disk Space Usage, you may adjust the maximum disk space for system protection.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

System restore not available even though protection settings are on

1. System restore not available even though protection settings are on - Similar Threads - System restore available

2. Windows Says that Edge needs to be restored with the Defalut settings even though it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Says that Edge needs to be restored with the Defalut settings even though it...: when I open Up windows Settings it says that it needs to be restored but when i click on it, It does nothing and I do not want that Notification there....
  3. Windows Says that Edge needs to be restored with the Defalut settings even though it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Says that Edge needs to be restored with the Defalut settings even though it...: when I open Up windows Settings it says that it needs to be restored but when i click on it, It does nothing and I do not want that Notification there....
  4. Windows Says that Edge needs to be restored with the Defalut settings even though it...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. System protection not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System protection not available: Trying to restore pc but getting message System protection only available in online operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-protection-not-available/2b1cf681-83d4-4748-b43c-9f6d9188c338
  6. System protection not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System protection not available: Trying to restore pc but getting message System protection only available in online operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-protection-not-available/2b1cf681-83d4-4748-b43c-9f6d9188c338
  7. System protection not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. my system time not updating even though set to auto

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system time not updating even though set to auto: my system time not updating even though set to auto[Moderator note: thread moved from the Office category to Windows] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-time-not-updating-even-though-set-to/505953a2-9926-4b02-9d86-0524d2a2ed77
  9. System Protection and Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Protection and Restore: I recently found out that my Windows 10 pc C drive is full. When navigated found out that system restore has reserved a massive 80GB of my C drive. Then I navigated to settings and reduced that space to 20GB max. I found out that my C drive does not have system protection...
  10. System Restore Protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Protection: In Windows 10, what is the average amount of disk space that should be set aside to hang onto 4 or 5 Restore Points? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-protection/06fec657-f94a-4afe-8846-ab29901ed117