Windows 10: System Restore not show in Microsoft "Services"

Discus and support System Restore not show in Microsoft "Services" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just updated to Win 10 1903. I noticed in services that System Restore was not listed. I did a restore point and ran it and it was successful. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LittleK39, Jul 7, 2019.

1. LittleK39 Win User

System Restore not show in Microsoft "Services"

Just updated to Win 10 1903. I noticed in services that System Restore was not listed. I did a restore point and ran it and it was successful. So all is working properly. But still I am wondering as to why it is not showing on services? Is this something new? Thanks to all the gurus here for an answer.

:)

LittleK39, Jul 7, 2019

2. system restore

Hello,

I suggest you perform the following suggestions to resolve this issue:

Step 1:

1. Click "Start", type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and press Enter.

2. Double click the service "Volume Shadow Copy Service".

3. Click on the "General" tab; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the "Start" button under "Service Status" to start the service.

Step 2: Run sfc /scannow to check your system.

Step 3: Go to %windir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SystemRestore

In that directory, rename SR to SR.sav

Try to create the manual restore point again.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 7, 2019
  3. System Restore error 0x81000204

HI Giandra.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing System Restore services and system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

If Windows detects possible problems with your computer’s memory, it will prompt you to run the Memory Diagnostics Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the below services.

• Volume shadow copy
    • Multimedia Class Scheduler
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    • DCOM Server Process Launcher
    • Plug and Play.

Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 7, 2019
  4. System Restore not show in Microsoft "Services"

System restore points are lost

Hi Tom,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

I suggest you to check if the Volume Shadow Copy service is running on your computer. This service enables System Restore on a computer. Refer the steps below to check the service.

• Press Windows + R Keys to open run command.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the services panel look for the ‘Volume Shadow Copy’.
    • Right click on the service and restart the service.
    • Also set the startup type to ‘Automatic’

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

System Restore not show in Microsoft "Services"

1. System Restore not show in Microsoft "Services" - Similar Threads - System Restore show

2. System Restore show password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore show password incorrect: I try to System Restore and i checked all the passwords, but noone work.I just want to exit from System Restore, everytime when i restart PC System Restore run automatic.Can i exit from System Restore and launch windows normally?I try to Forgotten your password, but PC just...
  3. System Restore show password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore show password incorrect: I try to System Restore and i checked all the passwords, but noone work.I just want to exit from System Restore, everytime when i restart PC System Restore run automatic.Can i exit from System Restore and launch windows normally?I try to Forgotten your password, but PC just...
  4. System Restore show password incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Using System Restore Tool After End Of Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using System Restore Tool After End Of Service: Can i still use system restore tool to free space other than revert windows update after end of service? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-system-restore-tool-after-end-of-service/7b037207-64d3-4e0d-8a3d-ff6bc10bf939
  6. Using System Restore Tool After End Of Service

Using System Restore Tool After End Of Service: Can i still use system restore tool to free space other than revert windows update after end of service? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-system-restore-tool-after-end-of-service/7b037207-64d3-4e0d-8a3d-ff6bc10bf939
  7. System Restore Point not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point not showing up.: Hi,I created a System Restore Point when my laptop just came out from the box and it was like a month ago, but now when i try to System Restore my pc, it wont show up the a month ago restore point, can someone explain? thank's...
  8. System Restore Point not showing up.

System Restore Point not showing up.: Hi,I created a System Restore Point when my laptop just came out from the box and it was like a month ago, but now when i try to System Restore my pc, it wont show up the a month ago restore point, can someone explain? thank's...
  9. Volume Shadow Services & System Restore Points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Volume Shadow Services & System Restore Points: I notices that my "Volume Shadow Services"is set to "manual" mode. Is it suppose to be set to "automatic" mode? Could the fact that it it set to "manual" mode be the reason I'm loosing System Restore Points even though I have 95 GB of storage set aside for these SR points?...
  10. What services does the System Restore utility use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What services does the System Restore utility use?: Im aware that it uses Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider and Volume Shadow Copy. Nevertheless i get a 0x800423F3 error when I try using it. Please dont focus too much on that. I just want to know what more services it relies on....