Windows 10: System restore not working

Discus and support System restore not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I tried to get ny laptop to last week with system restore since yesterday it has been 1000 times slow not kidding also its speaker is screeching and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alyannasir, Dec 13, 2020.

1. System restore not working

Hi I tried to get ny laptop to last week with system restore since yesterday it has been 1000 times slow not kidding also its speaker is screeching and and the system restore says this the problems are caused cuz I updated some things and some of them didn't work plz tell me the fixSystem restore not working [​IMG]

:)

alyannasir, Dec 13, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

System Restore does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, ‘0x8007045b’ when trying to do a System Restore. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

System Restore may fail with error code 0x8007045b if there is encrypted content in the restore point
    and see if that helps.

Note: The above mentioned article is for Windows 8/8.1, however, holds good for Windows 10.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 13, 2020
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Dec 13, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

System restore not working

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

System restore not working

1. System restore not working - Similar Threads - System restore working

2. System Restore not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore not working?: Most of my drives were deleted/disappeared for some reason. I've tried everything but nothing would work. So I just decided to System Restore, but the drives I want it to restore cannot be restored because it's deleted. And I want to bring it back by restoring it. Any help?...
  3. System restore not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore not working: The problem is that I can make system restore points but they disappear from the wizard and system volume information>systemrestore folder almost immediately. I know this has been covered in many places over the years but none of those approaches works for me. I have...
  4. System restore is not working...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore is not working...: I am having an issue with my Windows 10 desktop. Starting from the beginning, whenever, I go out of town, I remove my HDD from my desktop, put it in an external case and hide it. I have done this many times without issue. I went out of town and returned on Tuesday. Tuesday...
  5. System restore is not working...

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore is not working...: I am having an issue with my Windows 10 desktop. Starting from the beginning, whenever, I go out of town, I remove my HDD from my desktop, put it in an external case and hide it. I have done this many times without issue. I went out of town and returned on Tuesday. Tuesday...
  6. System Restore not working

System Restore not working: 1) Every windows update system restore gets turned off, why in the world is this happening Mr Microsoft? 2) Now system restore has an error I can't fix as yet, I have tried sfc /scannow chkdsk /f /r what else can I try? system I have is win 10 pro 64 bit...
  7. System Restore not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore not Working: I have attempted many times with different restore points to restore my laptop, and everytime I receive the same exact answer: "System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: An unspecified error occurred...
  8. System Restore not working

System Restore not working: Got a problem with the "Create Restore Point" function, it just hangs up the computer and needs TM to shut it down. This is affecting my Anti-Virus software as well as a software removal program since they both try to create a Restore Point before proceeding. I just tried...
  9. System Restore not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore not working: I've tried system restore at couple of points. Every time it goes through it's thing and says "you system did change, file not found, most likely do to anti-virus software. I disable my Kaspersky and still the same thing. It gave an error # 0x8007005. If I need...
  10. System Restore Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Restore Not Working: Sys restore not restoring, can make a new restore point no problems but throws this message when attempting to restore. [img] Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 80065