Windows 10: System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

Discus and support System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Murr418, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Murr418 Win User

System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registryHow do I know process is progressing?Can I stop and restart process?How long should I wait?

:)

Murr418, Nov 17, 2021

2. System Restore no worky!

Im running windows xp, and i cant get the system restore to work. i click the system restore tab, but nothing comes up. It all started when i overclocked my vid card. it ran fine for a month, now it keeps freezin my games. the temps stay around 54C load and 40C idle. but its freezin my games, and i want to go back and reinstall everything from the beginning of the month, but i cant. does anyone know how to make system restore come back?

A Cheese Danish, Nov 17, 2021
  3. System Restore - Safe?

System restore works maybe 50% of the time.

It either fixes it, or breaks it.

thebeephaha, Nov 17, 2021
  4. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

system restore, no cd

Mussels did not fail, those two are answers are very common with what you are describing. You can try to go back to a system restore point located in the help folder in control panel. Have you created any recent restore points?

t77snapshot, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

1. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing - Similar Threads - System Restore laptop

2. How to restore system if there is no restore point?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore system if there is no restore point?: I had to use ProctorU for my college to take a test, and when I got in my headphones wouldn't let them hear me and they kept acting like there was nothing to fix it and they were being impatient. I did not know what the problem was because I am not tech savvy. Anyways, the...
  3. How to restore system if there is no restore point?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore system if there is no restore point?: I had to use ProctorU for my college to take a test, and when I got in my headphones wouldn't let them hear me and they kept acting like there was nothing to fix it and they were being impatient. I did not know what the problem was because I am not tech savvy. Anyways, the...
  4. System failed to do system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System failed to do system restore: I made some changes to registry settings without enough knowledge but before that I ensure that I made a restore point in my system after restart I dont like the changes I made and im afraid it will cause further issues so I want to perform system restore in my computer...
  5. System failed to do system restore

System failed to do system restore: I made some changes to registry settings without enough knowledge but before that I ensure that I made a restore point in my system after restart I dont like the changes I made and im afraid it will cause further issues so I want to perform system restore in my computer...
  6. How to restore system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore system: I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop. Recently, my computer started freezing, the picture lost, programs began to freeze and close. I looked on Task Manager, oftenly starts Windows Modules Installer Worker. When I open settings, next menu "Updates and Security", it opens,...
  7. How to restore system

How to restore system: I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop. Recently, my computer started freezing, the picture lost, programs began to freeze and close. I looked on Task Manager, oftenly starts Windows Modules Installer Worker. When I open settings, next menu "Updates and Security", it opens,...
  8. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing: Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registryHow do I know process is progressing?Can I stop and restart process?How long should I...
  9. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing: Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registryHow do I know process is progressing?Can I stop and restart process?How long should I...
  10. How do I perform System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I perform System Restore: Split from this thread. How do I restore my computer windows 10 to earlier date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-perform-system-restore/712bf6f8-c461-4d30-be17-54d5f9663a69