Windows 10: system restore on Windows 10

Discus and support system restore on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been unable to use system restore in Windows 10. Whenever I try, I get to the point of choosing the restore point, and then I get the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by djd43rd, Mar 20, 2019.

1. djd43rd Win User

system restore on Windows 10

I have been unable to use system restore in Windows 10. Whenever I try, I get to the point of choosing the restore point, and then I get the message that the restore operation cannot proceed because the disk has errors. Also reminds me to check another disc that drives Windows? The errors are a mystery to me. What is the correct way to perform a system restore on Windows 10?

:)

djd43rd, Mar 20, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. system restore on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - system restore

2. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...
  3. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...
  4. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11: Last night April 21 2024 at 9:00 PM, I tried System Restore with my 4 month old HP Pavilion 15 laptop because I was dealing with issues on installing a program, and it took me an average of 30 minutes.After I did System Restore on startup, Windows gives me this popup screen...
  6. Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11

Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11: Last night April 21 2024 at 9:00 PM, I tried System Restore with my 4 month old HP Pavilion 15 laptop because I was dealing with issues on installing a program, and it took me an average of 30 minutes.After I did System Restore on startup, Windows gives me this popup screen...
  7. System Restore Error 0x80070026

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Error 0x80070026: Hello! I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out and it's driving me crazy. I'm trying to do a system restore from a past restore point. When I tried to do it just on the desktop and not in safe mode I received this error number "0x8007045b". So...
  8. System Restore Error 0x80070026

System Restore Error 0x80070026: Hello! I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out and it's driving me crazy. I'm trying to do a system restore from a past restore point. When I tried to do it just on the desktop and not in safe mode I received this error number "0x8007045b". So...
  9. how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?: I had a bitlocker alert come up and it wouldnt let me get into my computer and once i reset my computer all my photos were lost, when i say reset , it had to be a factory reset and now ive lost all my photos which a lot of them were very important...
  10. how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?

how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?: I had a bitlocker alert come up and it wouldnt let me get into my computer and once i reset my computer all my photos were lost, when i say reset , it had to be a factory reset and now ive lost all my photos which a lot of them were very important...