Windows 10: system restore option-

Discus and support system restore option- in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have done system restore from current image several times & while it seems to be running better now, it's definetly not at optimal use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thawks88, Mar 10, 2021.

1. thawks88 Win User

system restore option-

Hello,

I have done system restore from current image several times & while it seems to be running better now, it's definetly not at optimal use. Every time you restore to a previous state via system restore, trace amounts of previous updates are still deep in the system image within the registry. You can never really truly restore the OS to an original state because it will always leave residuals from other restores. I was trying to create a partition on current HD to put the original system image on but it will only allow me to do a recovery via external device. What happened to the old days of doing a real clean install with a CD key of a FRESH version of Windows? not one that has been copied over and over again leaving any trace amounts of damage still within the OS and registry... do i have to buy a brand-new version of Windows & upload that onto a USB or external?

Also, please fix safe mode. I'm not sure whose idea it was to not be able to hit F8 to boot into safe mode on windows 10 but it's truly awful especially when an update doesn't allow you to even get into the OS. Only way it's possible now is if you're able to get into CMD and msconfig and set the boot cycle.

Thanks !!

:)

thawks88, Mar 10, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    system restore won't restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to perform system restore by going to safe mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• In login screen at the bottom right corner select
      restart
      the system by press and hold Shift key.

• Under choose an option select Troubleshooting.

• Select advanced option.

• Select System restore and check if it helps.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

system restore option-

SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

system restore option-

1. system restore option- - Similar Threads - system restore option

2. restore the system to a point previous to the default options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore the system to a point previous to the default options.: Hi community, I want to restore the system to a point previous to the default options, which only go back a couple of months. How do I do that?...
  3. How to get more system restore option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get more system restore option?: I mentioned yesterday regarding an issue im having with audio after windows 10 2004 version update posted here https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6aq0q/windows_10_update_version_2004_caused_volume_to/ so i decided to try and system restore to undo that update. but...
  4. Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore.: Hi! I performed a system restore and now the "New" option in the context menu is busted. Specifically, it currently looks like this: [ATTACH] As you can clearly see, there's a lot of stuff missing all options for new files and all that, and strangely enough the "New...
  5. Unable to boot or restore system. Any other options?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot or restore system. Any other options?: I was running Win 10 Pro 1903 without any issues. Thursday 25 June I tried to update my NVIDIA drivers, resulting in the dreaded "black screen on boot" problem that is all over the NVIDIA forums. I downloaded DDU and removed all NVIDIA drivers in Safe Mode, which allowed me...
  6. System Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore: Hi I accidentally backed up my portable sat-nav into my windows 10 and now the memory is full. Does anyone know how to restore the system in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/021c72ee-993a-4da4-b0fa-50187bb87dc0"
  7. System Restore

System Restore: Hi whenever I use system restore it says it was not succesful, i've tried many diferent resore points and done it in safe mode with no success, any ideas please? I'm using windows 10...
  8. System Restore is a totally BROKEN option

System Restore is a totally BROKEN option: Hi, after my notebook automatically gave me this month's disastrous updates and everything got messed up i decided to use the 'System Restore' point that was created just before the update. (the option to return to previous version of win10 had already passed after 12h, or...
  9. System Restore missing from advanced startup options

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore missing from advanced startup options: My advanced startup options used to have a System Restore tile something like this. Attachment 124016 Now its gone. Is that normal under the current setup or can I fix it? thx 78799
  10. Upgrading to W10; System Restore Options

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Upgrading to W10; System Restore Options: My PC came with a W8 system image. I generally do a restore to factory settings every few months to keep the PC running clean. Will I be able to do something similar with W10 once I complete the upgrade? If I wish to do that and maintain activation, will I only be able to...