Windows 10: System restore points (all) disappear

Discus and support System restore points (all) disappear in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi everyone: New laptop. It seems for no reason i can find that all of my system restore point suddenly disappear daily and at no specific time. For no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bob749, Mar 26, 2020.

1. bob749 Win User

System restore points (all) disappear

Hi everyone:
    New laptop. It seems for no reason i can find that all of my system restore point suddenly disappear daily and at no specific time. For no reason. I've even tried to task make automatically make restore points, i've stopped using clean up programs thinking that could be the problem but nothing seems this "event" for occurring. Any ideas? Windows 10 version 1909 (os build 18363.720)

:)

bob749, Mar 26, 2020

2. System Restore Point Disappeared

Performed all steps you recommended. It didn’t help. Created restore point disappeared in about half an hour. The following message appeared: “No restore points have been created on your computer system drive”.

MichaelShvartsman, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Tom Kunzo Win User
    Disappearing Restore Points

I have provided 59GB for the Restore Points.

And I have created one Restore Point that used up less than 200MB of the space provided.

Yet after a few days, it disappeared.

This keeps happening many times because I created them just to check whether they disappear like the rest.

They do.

And just in case anyone is curious whether I have enabled System Protection, the answer is that I have.

My understanding of how Restore Points work is that as more and more Restore Points are created and the spaced provided is squeezed, the older ones will be deleted to make space for the new ones.

This is a very logical step.

But as can be seen above I have 59GB while the Restore Points created came to less then 200MB!!!!

I think that the whole argument is becoming more and more futile.

By right Microsoft must do something to ensure that the Restore Points are not deleted in any way.

But so far, they have either passed the bug back to the users by suggesting all sorts of programming by the user to solve the problem or better still staying invisible!!!

Do you know what?

Not everyone is a programmer and if you screw up, you don't even have the Restore Point to save you!

Which is what the Restore Point is there in the first place!

I hope that users will wake up to the fact the Microsoft is passing the bug back to THEM!!!!

I suggest that users in the US awaken the top hierachy in Microsoft to the deplorable state of affairs in their company!!!

Tom Kunzo, Mar 26, 2020
  4. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem restore points (all) disappear :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem restore points (all) disappear :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. System restore points (all) disappear - Similar Threads - System restore points

2. System Restore Points Disappear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Points Disappear: I am on Win 10 64 V 20043. On my Lenovo laptop I recently had a major problem with no Audio suddenly-Synaptics Audio. I did get it fixed on 17 December and promptly created a System restore point. I also did another Restore point a few days later. The dreaded Audio...
  3. System Restore Points disappeared

System Restore Points disappeared: I reinstalled Windows 10, and Configured System Restore to "Turn on system protection," and set Max Usage to 260 GB. Then I created a System Restore Point after each installation of software Chrome, Office, Zoom, Deluge. I shut down and restarted Windows. I periodically...
  4. System Restore Point Disappeared [Solved]

System Restore Point Disappeared [Solved]: System Restore Point Disappeared after a few hours of creating it. After a thorough investigation, I found it was the Carbonite cloud backup program actually its service that was responsible for that. Disabling the service or uninstalling the program resolved the issue....
  5. System Restore Points disappear, Win10

System Restore Points disappear, Win10: If system restore points routinely disappear in a day or two, why does MS even offer the option? Or, if MS intends such a short life for temporary protection only, why not let users know about it? This happens independently of system updates, which, of course, delete...
  6. System Restore Point Is Made Then Disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore Point Is Made Then Disappears: I can make Restore Point and recheck it but it disappears in few minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-point-is-made-then-disappears/4fb8b3cb-f79b-4959-a17a-aea01b999756
  7. System restore points (all) disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore points (all) disappear: Hi everyone: New laptop. It seems for no reason i can find that all of my system restore point suddenly disappear daily and at no specific time. For no reason. I've even tried to task make automatically make restore points, i've stopped using clean up programs thinking that...
  8. System Restore points all disappeared except one system- created point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore points all disappeared except one system- created point: Hello: I generally create a system restore point manually-daily. I dont rely on windows to create it for me. I allow lots of space (~30%) of drive for SR. I recently decreased it to 20% when i noticed way more RP's than I needed. Yesterday, I noticed all of the Restore...
  9. System Restore Disappeared, Its There But No Restore Points

System Restore Disappeared, Its There But No Restore Points: My system restore points have disappeared, I am running windows 10 on a laptop with office 365 and I was trying to get my one drive to sign in. I went into the system restore and I purposely added restore points since I was doing some updates over the weekend and not one...
  10. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...