Windows 10: System Restore points all disappeared except one system- created point

Discus and support System Restore points all disappeared except one system- created point in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello: I generally create a system restore point manually-daily. I dont rely on windows to create it for me. I allow lots of space (~30%) of drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by eliuri, Sep 11, 2019.

1. eliuri Win User

System Restore points all disappeared except one system- created point

Hello:

I generally create a system restore point manually-daily. I dont rely on windows to create it for me.
    I allow lots of space (~30%) of drive for SR. I recently decreased it to 20% when i noticed way more RP's than I needed.

Yesterday, I noticed all of the Restore Points-but one- were gone. There was only a System created point. SR was nowhere near the limit for FIFO to kick in! This had happened before. And when it did, I was able to continue creating points at will with no further issues. I had paused WU for a week--prior to all this..So there was no WU to generate such a System point

However I noticed that the system-created point was unusually small in size. ~300 MB. Generally my SR points are closer to ~1 Gig each. I tried creating a few more manual RP's. Yet with 5 restore points the total size is still only ~700MB. So I'm concerned if these are truly functional RP's? I'm not sure how to diagnose this

I can think of several approaches here:

1) Attempt an actua system restore to the most recent point and see if its really working as should. And if so, all is well..But this might be a bit draconian..

2) Delete all but most recent RP's and see if "flushing the system" that way resolves this

3) Attempt to diagnose if there are any issues in the Volume Shadow service via EventViewer.

I had forgotten exactly how to find System restore issues in EventViewer. Where exactly do I navigate to to find those events?
    ======================
    Any suggestions as to how best to proceed to ascertain whether those points and future points are functional given that they are much smaller in size than I'm used to?

Windows 10 1903

:)

eliuri, Sep 11, 2019

2. System Restore Point Disappeared

Performed all steps you recommended. It didn’t help. Created restore point disappeared in about half an hour. The following message appeared: “No restore points have been created on your computer system drive”.

MichaelShvartsman, Sep 11, 2019
  3. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 11, 2019
  4. System Restore points all disappeared except one system- created point

unable to create system restore point

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to create manual restore point in Windows 10?

• Do you receive any error message, while trying to create restore point?
    I like to inform you that, Windows automatically creates a restore point when you install desktop apps and new Windows updates, if the last restore point is older than 7 days. You can also create a restore point manually at any time.

To create restore point Manually, follow the below steps:

1. Press the WinKey+X to display the system menu and click
    System.

2. On the left side menu, click
    System Protection.

3. In the Protection Settings section, click the
    C: (system) drive.

4. Click the Create button.

5. Type a name for the System Restore file (The
    Date and Time will be added automatically).

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

System Restore points all disappeared except one system- created point

1. System Restore points all disappeared except one system- created point - Similar Threads - System Restore points

2. Cannot creat a System Restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot creat a System Restore point: When I try to create a System Restore Point, I get the following message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer's timeout expired between the Freeze and Thaw events 0x800423F2 Any ideas what I should do? Thanks Scott...
  3. System Restore Points Disappear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Points Disappear: I am on Win 10 64 V 20043. On my Lenovo laptop I recently had a major problem with no Audio suddenly-Synaptics Audio. I did get it fixed on 17 December and promptly created a System restore point. I also did another Restore point a few days later. The dreaded Audio...
  4. System Restore Points disappeared

System Restore Points disappeared: I reinstalled Windows 10, and Configured System Restore to "Turn on system protection," and set Max Usage to 260 GB. Then I created a System Restore Point after each installation of software Chrome, Office, Zoom, Deluge. I shut down and restarted Windows. I periodically...
  5. System Restore Point Disappeared [Solved]

System Restore Point Disappeared [Solved]: System Restore Point Disappeared after a few hours of creating it. After a thorough investigation, I found it was the Carbonite cloud backup program actually its service that was responsible for that. Disabling the service or uninstalling the program resolved the issue....
  6. System restore points (all) disappear

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore points (all) disappear: Hi everyone: New laptop. It seems for no reason i can find that all of my system restore point suddenly disappear daily and at no specific time. For no reason. I've even tried to task make automatically make restore points, i've stopped using clean up programs thinking that...
  7. System restore points (all) disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore points (all) disappear: Hi everyone: New laptop. It seems for no reason i can find that all of my system restore point suddenly disappear daily and at no specific time. For no reason. I've even tried to task make automatically make restore points, i've stopped using clean up programs thinking that...
  8. System Restore will not create a restore point

System Restore will not create a restore point: This has been a recurring problem on my HP Pavilion with Windows 10 64bit. I cannot create a System Restore point and System Protection will not turn on. It just keep searching for drives. The error code given is 0x81000203. I have also tried installing Macrium Reflect as a...
  9. Cannot create a system restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot create a system restore point: When i was trying to create a system restore point, it failed and a message poped up saying, "the writer experienced a non-transient error. If tried again the error may reoccur". I've tried sfc command. It says some corrupt file found but cannot fix it... What are the causes...
  10. can not create/restore system point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    can not create/restore system point: Hi. can not create/restore system point. Please help, Thanks. 79135