Windows 10: System restore points automatically deleted?

Discus and support System restore points automatically deleted? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In windows 10, are system restore points automaticaly deleted after days, weeks, months, or even years? Or would i have to delete the restore points... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karanza725, Jan 26, 2019.

1. System restore points automatically deleted?

In windows 10, are system restore points automaticaly deleted after days, weeks, months, or even years?

Or would i have to delete the restore points (via disk cleanup utility)

Your help is grealty appreciated, thanks in advance for your help!

:)

Karanza725, Jan 26, 2019
  2. BJM
    bjm Win User

System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Were you seeing CAPI2 errors with Macrium & System Restore.

And after enabling system protection.
    1) Does System Protection automatically create and populate checkpoints to list.
    Does System Protection create restore points when called by a program and populate checkpoints to list.

2) I'd like to confirm whether my issue is unique to me or common.
    My issue is that I can manually create restore points okay and those manual created will populate to my list.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list. Albeit, Task Scheduler shows Last Run time change.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list e.g., with Windows Updates.
    When create restore point is called by a program. I see activity that suggest restore point is being created ...but, again the activity does not translate to an entry in my list.

System restore points automatically deleted? [​IMG]

3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows 10 System Restore Show More Restore Points Box Missing and Restore Points Being Deleted or Missing

Hi Steven,

There are several reasons why the Show more restore points check box is missing. Some of these are the following:

• You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.
    • You manually turn System Restore off.
    • You upgrade from one operating system to another or you reinstall the operating system

In your case, as you have reinstalled Windows, it's possible that all restore points are deleted, that's why the
    Show more restore points check box is not appearing. Did you delete all the partitions when you reinstall Windows? If yes, then all the manually and automatically created restore points will disappear. For further isolation of the issue, we suggest that
    you create a new restore point and monitor if it will disappear in a few days just like the others.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 26, 2019
  4. System restore points automatically deleted?

Windows 10 system image restore points unable to delete

Have deleted system image backups using the windows 10 suggested method. But 2 system image rstore points are still listed under other backups. Have tried all the suggested methods on the net and from the microsoft community, but the system image restore
    points remain. Even after deleting all but the last normal restore points. I guess I can just ignore them. Would appreciate any advice as nothing seems to remove them.

Aquarius 2015, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

System restore points automatically deleted?

1. System restore points automatically deleted? - Similar Threads - System restore points

2. are system restore points deleted automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    are system restore points deleted automatically?: So 2 weeks ago I checked system restore out of curiosity and I had atleast like 5 restore points, I checked today and now I only have two, what happened?...
  3. are system restore points deleted automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    are system restore points deleted automatically?: So 2 weeks ago I checked system restore out of curiosity and I had atleast like 5 restore points, I checked today and now I only have two, what happened?...
  4. are system restore points deleted automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System restore point deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore point deleted.: Hello, so I created a restore point on my PC just a month ago and just I upgraded to Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11 I got some updates and I installed them but then I see that my Windows.old folder is deleted and I am stuck on Windows 11, so I went ahead and checked...
  6. System restore point deleted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore point deleted.: Hello, so I created a restore point on my PC just a month ago and just I upgraded to Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11 I got some updates and I installed them but then I see that my Windows.old folder is deleted and I am stuck on Windows 11, so I went ahead and checked...
  7. System restore points are being deleted automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore points are being deleted automatically: Original title: Frank Breda // Moved from NL My Windows 10 removes all restore points by itself every time.Someone who knows how to fix this?Thanks in advance for responses....
  8. Restore Points automatically deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Points automatically deleting: Is it possible to make one restore point that windows wont delete it, if it is already created? submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k822y5/restore_points_automatically_deleting/
  9. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...
  10. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore points being deleted automatically