Windows 10: System Restore Points Schedule

Discus and support System Restore Points Schedule in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi!I recently posted a question regarding a BSOD that surprisngly I can't get out of...What I found amusing after failing to restore the computer since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pittavinop, Jun 22, 2021.

1. System Restore Points Schedule

Hi!I recently posted a question regarding a BSOD that surprisngly I can't get out of...What I found amusing after failing to restore the computer since I don't have restore points, I had a burst of questions and doubts regarding system Restore Points:What is the default Recovery partition for, and why is it almost full most of the time? Yes, I know, it's for rolling back updates in case something goes wrong.Why do I have to manually create system Restore Points? Howcome it is not possible to schedule automatic Restore Points as if you were scheduling checking for updates in Windows Update? I f

:)

pittavinop, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Ubtree Win User

Scheduling System Restore Point Creation

I have tried to precisely follow the instructions set out in System Restore Point : Create at System Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums, but the Task Scheduler / script is failing to create a restore point:
    • Running the script manually creates a Restore Point.
    • Task Scheduler appears to run the script, but no Restore Point results.

System Restore Points Schedule [​IMG]

(The Last Run Result code 0x41301 indicates "The task is already running".)

The Task Scheduler settings are as follows:

I would be grateful for any suggestions as to why the restore points are not being created.

Ubtree, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Scheduled Restore Points Not Appearing

Hi.

I'm using Task Scheduler to create daily restore points on Windows 10. The scheduler reports that the tasks runs and returns a 0x0 code. But the restore point it presumably created does not show up in the list of available restore points. Any thoughts
    about why this is not working?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Hesley

Thomas Hesley, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

System Restore Points Schedule

Brink, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

System Restore Points Schedule

1. System Restore Points Schedule - Similar Threads - System Restore Points

2. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create scheduled system restore points?: No matter what I do, system restores points always disappear. Even those that happened recently.1- I want to schedule it every month and never gets deleted.I do give it all data needed... I have it set as maximum hard-drive space....
  3. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create scheduled system restore points?: No matter what I do, system restores points always disappear. Even those that happened recently.1- I want to schedule it every month and never gets deleted.I do give it all data needed... I have it set as maximum hard-drive space....
  4. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scheduled Restore Points Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scheduled Restore Points Not Appearing: I found this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scheduled-restore-points-not-appearing/c30c9f73-e074-43bf-b3ae-01995719ec49 but it´s locked. I have the same issue, but instead of following the tips, I'd like to tell you that I followed, I guess...
  6. How to schedule System Restore Points in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to schedule System Restore Points in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]System Restore is one of the most crucial but underrated features in Windows OS. A restore point can help the computer get back to a working condition in no time, and save a lot of time which goes into troubleshooting. [...] This post How to schedule System...
  7. Creating restore points on a schedule?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating restore points on a schedule?: Is there a way to get Win 10 to create system restore points on a schedule (e.g. once a day)? 117236
  8. Scheduling a Daily Restore Point

Scheduling a Daily Restore Point: Shawn Brink posted this excellent tutorial a while back: Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10 But with the recent Win 10 Spring update it no longer seems to work. If there is a way to fix this that would be great! 109368
  9. Scheduling System Restore Point Creation

Scheduling System Restore Point Creation: Hi Forum, I see that Win10 has deleted the function to schedule the creation of restore points! Supposedly it creates a new restore point before downloading updates (if the function is turned on; by default it is off!). I like to schedule the creation of points every few...
  10. Scheduled Instant Restore Point - No Restore Point Created

Scheduled Instant Restore Point - No Restore Point Created: I followed the instruction to manually create a Manual Restore Point and that works fine. Then I decided to set up the task in the Task Scheduler to automatically create a restore point once daily. For some reason the task is started as it should but it never completes and I...