Windows 10: System Restore Points

Discus and support System Restore Points in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop, I would like to copy a restore point to an external hard drive because if something goes wrong on restoring my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vickyl71, Oct 26, 2022.

1. vickyl71 Win User

System Restore Points

I have a Windows 10 laptop, I would like to copy a restore point to an external hard drive because if something goes wrong on restoring my computer back to that restore point, I want a copy of it. I found where it was located on my computer. However, it does not have it on my computer, it located on some Azure Cloud that I do not owe or have never created. I would probably have to have an Azure account to ask a question on there forum. But, I would like to know how I can get my restore point back on my computer. The reason why I need to restore this to this restore point, it seems my Windows

:)

vickyl71, Oct 26, 2022
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore Points :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore Points :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Oct 26, 2022
  3. Ubtree Win User
    Scheduling System Restore Point Creation

I have tried to precisely follow the instructions set out in System Restore Point : Create at System Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums, but the Task Scheduler / script is failing to create a restore point:
    • Running the script manually creates a Restore Point.
    • Task Scheduler appears to run the script, but no Restore Point results.

System Restore Points [​IMG]

(The Last Run Result code 0x41301 indicates "The task is already running".)

The Task Scheduler settings are as follows:

I would be grateful for any suggestions as to why the restore points are not being created.

Ubtree, Oct 26, 2022
  4. System Restore Points

System Restore point

FYI:

These are Windows 7 forums, not 10.

And you can not create a system restore point with an installation disk anyway.

You use a disk if you can't boot into Windows in the normal way to access
    existing restore points.

Bill Smithers, Oct 26, 2022
Thema:

System Restore Points

1. System Restore Points - Similar Threads - System Restore Points

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore Point

System Restore Point: When I tried to use a restore to a system restore point. Windows asked for a password. I tried every password I knew, including local and microsoft account. I even tried to reintall windows and reset it. None worked, what can I do?...
  6. System restore point

System restore point: The only restore points on Windows 10 for me restoring to: 1) 11/13/2019...…....Windows update (which caused my problem)......update 2) 11/07/2019...…...Restore operation...............................................................undue 3) 11/05/2019...…..Dell...
  7. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  8. System restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore points: Suddenly all my system restore points disappeared. No restore points are being created by windows up dates Manual restore points are working ok since this occurence. 56422
  9. System Restore points

System Restore points: I am helping my church with some of their computer problems. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 was automatically updated on their machines running Windows 7. This has caused a problem with one of their main applications that is used to track church business. While trying to...
  10. System restore points

System restore points: Restore points being deleted. Older restore points are being auto-deleted. And I'd like to keep them. I saved some restore points in October, but now they're gone, and the only ones left, are the ones I created in November. I've allowed 90 Gb of memory space for...