Windows 10: System Restore Problem

Discus and support System Restore Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI, I recently installed old new explorer. Now i am not able to delete or remove the changes by it to my PC. I tried to restore to a point were it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by creeping007crib, May 12, 2020.

1. System Restore Problem

HI,

I recently installed old new explorer. Now i am not able to delete or remove the changes by it to my PC. I tried to restore to a point were it was working fine. This error comes up, "system restore failed to extract the file C:\Users\Rithish R S\iCloudDrive from the restore point. An unexpected error occurred during the system restore. 0x8007018b.

Please help me out.

Thankyou.

:)

creeping007crib, May 12, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 12, 2020
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, May 12, 2020
  4. jellyroll Win User

System Restore Problem

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore Problem :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore Problem :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, May 12, 2020
Thema:

System Restore Problem

1. System Restore Problem - Similar Threads - System Restore Problem

2. Update and system restore problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and system restore problem: Sorry if this is a common problem I just looked for about a hour and didn't find a solution my laptop updated then I got bsod so I entered system repair and did a system restore which I made about 3 days ago now I cannot enter my password I just see date time any key causes a...
  3. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Problems: Evening.A bit earlier today I attempted to open a program I use often on my computer that caused it to blue screen. This was a first for me. After this happened a few times I managed to navigate my way through the blue screens of Advanced Startup Options back to a point where...
  4. System Restore Problems

System Restore Problems: Evening.A bit earlier today I attempted to open a program I use often on my computer that caused it to blue screen. This was a first for me. After this happened a few times I managed to navigate my way through the blue screens of Advanced Startup Options back to a point where...
  5. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. System restore problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore problem: Whenever I do a system restore on my PC it always gets a blue screen error and I can't understand why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-problem/44f71fa6-de4b-47cf-b106-d3e03a974b3f
  7. System restore problem

System restore problem: Whenever I do a system restore on my PC it always gets a blue screen error and I can't understand why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-problem/44f71fa6-de4b-47cf-b106-d3e03a974b3f
  8. Problem using System Restore

Problem using System Restore: himy System Restore just keeps on searching drives and i can not make a restore point of C:how can i fix it ?thank you so much[Original Title: System Restore] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-system-restore/a8cf5572-0ba5-4cb5-be77-402fa5aa2518
  9. System Image Restoration Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Restoration Problem: I've got a new computer win11 and a new external hard drive. I wanted to verify that I could restore a system image, so I created an image and attempted to restore it. I've always had windows home, and I've never used bitlocker, so I failed the image restore. The error...
  10. Problem with System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with System Restore: i saw this post........ [Try to restore to an earlier working Windows 10. In the past, I had contacted the team to stop unchecking restore points when upgrading the version. Pretty sure they did this, so try restoring to an earlier setting with restore point. Then try to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore error 0x8007018b