Windows 10: System Restore Recommendations

Discus and support System Restore Recommendations in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night I just noticed that unlike previous versions of Windows, the Windows 10 OS does not have System Restore active by default. My desktop PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ExtensionGo, Feb 25, 2020.

1. System Restore Recommendations

Last night I just noticed that unlike previous versions of Windows, the Windows 10 OS does not have System Restore active by default.

My desktop PC has two hard drives. The 128 SSD runs the OS and a 2TB HDD stores my documents and games.

1) As a not very computer literate person, should I turn on System Restore or is it unnecessary?

2) What do you recommend as the amount of space I should reserve for making restore points?

3) Are restore points automatically saved on the hard drive running the OS or can we select the hard drive we want?

submitted by /u/ExtensionGo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ExtensionGo, Feb 25, 2020

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Unable to use system restore in Windows 10

We suggest that you run the DISM tool by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy or type this command:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    We also recommend that you create some changes on your computer like installing some apps before performing the System Restore so that the system will detect some changes to be reverted.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

System Restore Recommendations

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

System Restore Recommendations

1. System Restore Recommendations - Similar Threads - System Restore Recommendations

2. restore recommended!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore recommended!: restore recommended! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-recommended/3407c569-b161-4d03-bdb9-eb16339e104a
  3. restore recommended!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore recommended!: restore recommended! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-recommended/3407c569-b161-4d03-bdb9-eb16339e104a
  4. restore recommended!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Web Browsing - Restore recommended - Permanently in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Browsing - Restore recommended - Permanently in settings: Hi, ive been having this issue for two months now. I have this icon telling me to switch to edge and use bing and its quite annoying for several reasons.1. I already use Edge2. I do not want to use Bing3. It's pushy and annoyingEdge is an amazing browser but this is not the...
  6. Back up Entire Disk and Restore - Recommendations

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up Entire Disk and Restore - Recommendations: Hello Forum, I've got to send in my new HP Spectre notebook for HP warranty repair due to a faulty keyboard. I intend to image the disk to a portable external drive, and then reset the computer to as new condition before I ship. The notebook disk size if 500GB. First,...
  7. Cannot restore firewall settings to recommended setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot restore firewall settings to recommended setting: I cannot connect to the internet on my windows 10 PC says firewall setting unable to set to recommended setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-restore-firewall-settings-to-recommended/56c847a6-f5fd-4cae-90d3-da60f9c3d379
  8. Recommended disk space size for System Restore Points (of Win10 partn?

Recommended disk space size for System Restore Points (of Win10 partn?: Whats the recommended size for Restore Points for an Win10 system partition when I want to store e.g. 8 restore points? Where can I defined where (in which partition) these restore points should be stored? Or are they always on the same partition as the original? Are old...
  9. Recommended system requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recommended system requirements: I have an old desktop with a 3300Mhz processor and 4g ram. Will Windows 10 run without being frustrating? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recommended-system-requirements/5da4a20a-8237-4063-9b2c-8329868a5530
  10. System Restore - Recommended size?

System Restore - Recommended size?: Just wondering what's the minimum and recommended size for system restore to work well? Thanks! 26906