Windows 10: System Restore/Reset PC Errors

Discus and support System Restore/Reset PC Errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been having issues with my laptop when programs like malwarebytes, or quicken try to install updates, where the software wont update and errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MinnesotaNole, Apr 10, 2019.

1. System Restore/Reset PC Errors

I have been having issues with my laptop when programs like malwarebytes, or quicken try to install updates, where the software wont update and errors out. I have run numerous antivirus scans and malware scans and every time they find nothing. I have even found issues when going into the settings menu where windows seems to lock up.

So I was going to do a system reset. Each time I try the reset it runs for 20 minutes or so, gets to about 1-5% then errors out and undo changes and the computer restarts. I was wondering if anyone has encounter this issue. I get the same issue when trying to restore, reset, pretty much anything I try. I attempted to restore in safe mode, but windows says this option is not available in safe mode. I am not sure if I have a hardware issue, or if an update didn't install properly.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

:)

MinnesotaNole, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Failed to perform System Restore and Reset.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the mouse only during reset/recovery process of the system. Let me assist you.

To assist you better, write back to us with the following information.

• Why exactly you are trying to perform system reset? Are you getting any error code, when trying to perform system reset?

• What is the make and model of your system?

I suggest you to try creating system restore point manually and check if the restore point is visible or not.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore

Refer to the section: Create Restore Point.

As you are also unable to perform system reset, I suggest you to try resetting system using windows 10 installation media and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Refer: Reset your PC and Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 10, 2019
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Apr 10, 2019
  4. System Restore/Reset PC Errors

error 0x800700AA Everytime I use system restore

Thanks for providing the results of the commands that we asked you to run. Since that error code reappeared after your completed the troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you use another recovery option in Windows 10 to perform a system restore or reset.
    Kindly follow the steps on this
    link
    to use an installation media to restore or reset your PC. Refer to the sections labeled "Your PC won't start and you haven't created a recovery drive".

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

System Restore/Reset PC Errors

1. System Restore/Reset PC Errors - Similar Threads - System Restore Reset

2. Cannot reset pc whatsoever after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reset pc whatsoever after system restore: This has been happened to me mutiple times but this has to be the worst. My restore point always boots me to BSOD after complete and stucks at 100%. I always managed to reset my pc but not this time, now cloud downlaod and local reinstall don’t work anymore and my last hope...
  3. Cannot reset pc whatsoever after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reset pc whatsoever after system restore: This has been happened to me mutiple times but this has to be the worst. My restore point always boots me to BSOD after complete and stucks at 100%. I always managed to reset my pc but not this time, now cloud downlaod and local reinstall don’t work anymore and my last hope...
  4. System Restore errors

System Restore errors: I am using the latest build of Windows 11 and lately I have noticed some of my system restore points have been disappearing, despite having plenty of space allocated. There were no explicit errors at first, but now when I start the settings menu I get the following error...
  5. PC system restoration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC system restoration: So my issue is kind of all over the place. It started when my games were randomly getting tabbed out. I was going through various troubleshooting methods, one of which was updating Windows 10. Upon updating and restarting, I got a message saying that there was a problem with...
  6. PC system restoration

PC system restoration: So my issue is kind of all over the place. It started when my games were randomly getting tabbed out. I was going through various troubleshooting methods, one of which was updating Windows 10. Upon updating and restarting, I got a message saying that there was a problem with...
  7. PC system restoration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My pc wont reset nor system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc wont reset nor system restore: Hello Maam/SirI have a problem with my windows 10.when i boot up my pc, suddenly i cant click the windows icon/network icon with my mouse. I thought this was weird then when i try to restart, it happened again and i cant fix it. i tried everything including restarting my pc,...
  9. System Restore regarding Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore regarding Reset: Hey y’all, I fixed my pc recently and I found that all my files were gone and I tried to go backwards and then I locked myself out because now my PC is unbootable. So, if I were to reset my PC using troubleshoot to reset pc and keep my files, would it delete all my restore...
  10. Restore/Reset System to defaults

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore/Reset System to defaults: Hi, I bought a laptop Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 model 3 months ago. This was meant to be a temporary machine, as I was waiting for my primary laptop machine to be back from the service. Now Im not using this machine at all and I want to sell it. And for obvious reasons I...