Windows 10: System restore seems to be frozen. What are my choices?

Discus and support System restore seems to be frozen. What are my choices? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I lost all of "My Places" on Google Earth and decided to try system restore to a date 2 days ago. The screen states that system restore is restoring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobMonroe1, Dec 14, 2018.

1. System restore seems to be frozen. What are my choices?

I lost all of "My Places" on Google Earth and decided to try system restore to a date 2 days ago. The screen states that system restore is restoring the registry. It has been like this for over 3 hours. What are my options?

Thanks

:)

BobMonroe1, Dec 14, 2018
  2. TopPlayer Win User

Windows 10 system restore frozen.

I decided to try system restore after getting the'critical error' message that the start menu was not working. Now, it's obvious that system restore is frozen as it's been running for 90 minutes and for the last 80 minutes has been'initializing'. Is there
    any way of getting out of this situation and getting my laptop back to normal again? I am so fed up with Windows 10 that I would happily go back to Windows 7 if possible. Would it be possible to power down and then re-boot from my Windows 7 disc. This is a
    disc I made and not one which came with the laptop, so I'm not even sure whether or not it will work. If it's possible to do this I would appreciate a step by step explanation of how to go about this. I'm not into the technical side of computers so simple
    easy to follow instructions would be great.Thanks.

TopPlayer, Dec 14, 2018
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

System restore seems to be frozen. What are my choices?

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

System restore seems to be frozen. What are my choices?

1. System restore seems to be frozen. What are my choices? - Similar Threads - System restore seems

2. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the use of System Restore?: What is the use of system restore? What are the benefits? And is it worth creating a restore point? I read that disabling it may increase the performance of my SSD....
  3. System restore frozen on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore frozen on my computer: My computer is stuck in System Restore, has been for over 24 hours. I can turn off the computer but when I turn it back on it comes up with the same "Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is restoring the registry" I cannot do...
  4. Restore original color choice?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore original color choice?: How do I restore the original colors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-original-color-choice/f1f652e9-aa9b-4530-83af-9ca9ec4c63bd
  5. Downloading - 100% and seems to be frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading - 100% and seems to be frozen: My Windows Update Windows 10, Version 1903 shows Downloading 100% and not doing anything further? Can I restart my computer or would this not be feasible?...
  6. Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?: So earlier today I was having some trouble booting into windows, took a couple of tries everytime, but that got fixed by manually downloading and installing the window updates in the "Window Update Settings", but then after that, my GPU driver no longer worked, (error code...
  7. Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?

in Windows 10 Support
    Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?: So earlier today I was having some trouble booting into windows, took a couple of tries everytime, but that got fixed by manually downloading and installing the window updates in the "Window Update Settings", but then after that, my GPU driver no longer worked, (error code...
  8. what happened to my wifi choice?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what happened to my wifi choice?: I recently installed a new modem/router for better internet speed. It works beautifully and I am getting over 700Mbps. But it did something to my wifi on my desktop. The wifi works for the other computer and it connects to phones and tablets, no problem. But the 'wifi' choice...
  9. System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.: All of the sudden, the buttons don't work anymore. The app store button opens it briefly and then shuts it down. Same with Microsoft Edge. The battery status button doesn't work, same with the date/clock button, the keyboard and windows ink buttons. And most important,...
  10. Frozen system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen system: I was dowloading ,actually installing a updated Epson driver ,then my system froze mouse and all. I waited 2 hours to see if it would complete the install (unfreeze) . I ended having to hold the power button to shut it down. Now it won't boot up -except windows defender...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore frozen

2. windows 10 system restore frozen

3. frozen system restore

4. sytsem recovery is frozen,
  5. system restore finished frozen