Windows 10: System Restore shows a missing C: drive

Discus and support System Restore shows a missing C: drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; W10 Pro 20H2. Went to create a restore point and noticed something amiss. No clue as what this is about. Any help is appreciated in advance. See red... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by WacoJohn, May 20, 2021.

1. WacoJohn Win User

System Restore shows a missing C: drive

W10 Pro 20H2. Went to create a restore point and noticed something amiss. No clue as what this is about. Any help is appreciated in advance. See red notation here:

:)

WacoJohn, May 20, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 System Restore Show More Restore Points Box Missing and Restore Points Being Deleted or Missing

Hi Steven,

There are several reasons why the Show more restore points check box is missing. Some of these are the following:

• You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.
    • You manually turn System Restore off.
    • You upgrade from one operating system to another or you reinstall the operating system

In your case, as you have reinstalled Windows, it's possible that all restore points are deleted, that's why the
    Show more restore points check box is not appearing. Did you delete all the partitions when you reinstall Windows? If yes, then all the manually and automatically created restore points will disappear. For further isolation of the issue, we suggest that
    you create a new restore point and monitor if it will disappear in a few days just like the others.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, May 20, 2021
  3. system restore cannot find c drive is missing in Windows 10

I do regular backups with acronis just found out that system restore was turned off I tuned it on done a manual create restore point cheched the configuration and saw local disk c is system turned on under that c drive is missing the restore point I created
    seems to be ok what does c drive missing mean

brianduggan, May 20, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore shows a missing C: drive :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore shows a missing C: drive :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, May 20, 2021
Thema:

1. System Restore shows a missing C: drive - Similar Threads - System Restore shows

2. Restore files to C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore files to C drive: Some time ago after having installed an SSD in my desktop and made it the C drive. I put the user files documents, photos, etc. on the HDD, D drive. Now I want to move them back to the C drive. Is there a recommended way to do that?...
  3. Restore files to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore files to C drive: Some time ago after having installed an SSD in my desktop and made it the C drive. I put the user files documents, photos, etc. on the HDD, D drive. Now I want to move them back to the C drive. Is there a recommended way to do that?...
  4. Restore files to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing system restore points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing system restore points: I would like to congratulate the Microsoft techs. After more than two years Microsoft finally fix my disappearing system restore points. Seems KB5008212 in December 2021 seems to have resolved the issue!Thanks, but it should not have taken so long....
  6. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  7. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  8. System Restore shows a missing C: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    System Restore shows a missing C: drive: W10 Pro 20H2. Went to create a restore point and noticed something amiss. No clue as what this is about. Any help is appreciated in advance. See red notation here: 179606
  9. Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C?

Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C?: I'm struggling with another problem on my PC, which is probably caused by malware (blocking user control), despite Kaspersky. I have solved similar software problems in the past with System Restore, which removed damaged or malicious installations. But when I call the...
  10. System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:

System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:: what happen is that my DTS wasn't detecting the driver installed after i updated throughwindows update then i tried system restore now the app is functioning the way it should be but now i lost 9GB of storage in my drive C. this is how much system restore is taking....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c drive missing in system restore