Windows 10: System Restore space

Discus and support System Restore space in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Much much space do you allow for system restore points. Is there a general rule. Like to hear your thoughts on this. 180690 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by lucydog, Jun 8, 2021.

1. lucydog Win User

System Restore space

Much much space do you allow for system restore points. Is there a general rule. Like to hear your thoughts on this.

:)

lucydog, Jun 8, 2021
  2. macbeth Win User

Free hard disk space reduce after system restore

I clear the log from EventVwr.msc but it did not recover much hard drive space. So i try clearing the retore point. Now my free hard drive space is about 34.4GB as compared to 26.6GB after my system restore.
    Anyway before i did a system restore. I did create a system restore point manually from system restore. Will the system restore point account for the lost free hard drive space?

macbeth, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Alcpone Win User
    Free hard disk space reduce after system restore

If your system is running ok now, you could disable system restore then re enable it, thus removing all previous restore points and freeing up that lost space!

*Wink System Restore space ;)

Alcpone, Jun 8, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

System Restore space

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore space :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore space :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

System Restore space

1. System Restore space - Similar Threads - System Restore space

2. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  3. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  4. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After System Restore, I've lost disc space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After System Restore, I've lost disc space: so i did system restore yesterday and it failed but it take a lot of space,i check in the settings-storage in the categories other big folder there no folder that take a lot of space but it reported 27.7 gb i think thats the space that i lost when do system restore.i tried...
  6. After System Restore, I've lost disc space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After System Restore, I've lost disc space: so i did system restore yesterday and it failed but it take a lot of space,i check in the settings-storage in the categories other big folder there no folder that take a lot of space but it reported 27.7 gb i think thats the space that i lost when do system restore.i tried...
  7. After System Restore, I've lost disc space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Large disk space usage after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Large disk space usage after system restore: So I've recently Done a system restore on my MSI laptop and opted not to keep any previous files. After the restore was done however I noticed that there was significantly less disk space than there was when I had just bought it Missing about 100 gigs. Now I've made sure that...
  9. How to configure System Restore Space and set System Restore Intervals in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure System Restore Space and set System Restore Intervals in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When System Restore is turned on in Windows 10, the system automatically creates a restore point at critical moments such as installing new software or […] This article How to configure System Restore Space and set System Restore Intervals in Windows 10 first...
  10. Unknown Space - Not System Restore Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Space - Not System Restore Files: I've had this issue on every Windows 7 and onwards PC I've owned and it's the dreaded "unknown" space being used that gets bigger and bigger until it becomes noticeable. The issue is this time is it doesn't seem like the easy delete the system restore files option within...