Windows 10: System Restore - Speakers No Longer Work

Discus and support System Restore - Speakers No Longer Work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently restored two Windows 10 machines and both machines no longer have speakers that work. The speakers are LogiTech Z130 and Dell N889. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by questionx&, Jan 5, 2021.

1. System Restore - Speakers No Longer Work

I recently restored two Windows 10 machines and both machines no longer have speakers that work.

The speakers are LogiTech Z130 and Dell N889. I attempted to see if the issue is the speakers themselves and tested them on a spare Windows Vista machine and they are working fine.

Could you please assist in helping me resolve this issue on my Windows 10 machines? It seems like the speakers are no longer compatible after I performed the restore.

I am not a technical person so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:)

questionx&, Jan 5, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jan 5, 2021
  4. DonWarner Win User

System Restore - Speakers No Longer Work

USB speakers no longer work on laptop

I have the latest updates installed with win 10.

No significant changes. No troubleshooting steps taken and no error message in device manager because win 10 doesn't recognize them. I used these speakers before and they worked fine. Apparently with the updates they are no longer recognized. They are
    Samsung USB speakers.

DonWarner, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

System Restore - Speakers No Longer Work

1. System Restore - Speakers No Longer Work - Similar Threads - System Restore Speakers

2. System Restore not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore not working?: Most of my drives were deleted/disappeared for some reason. I've tried everything but nothing would work. So I just decided to System Restore, but the drives I want it to restore cannot be restored because it's deleted. And I want to bring it back by restoring it. Any help?...
  3. speakers no longer work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    speakers no longer work after update: first my printer didnt work after the update then my speakers are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-no-longer-work-after-update/f35104e4-b60a-4b86-a1be-21bab9c7fd32
  4. No system speakers working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No system speakers working: Hi, I have upgraded my laptop insiron 3543, i7 from Win8.1 to Win 10. Since then I have no sound in my system speakers. No other sound device is connected. It seems there is no....audio system? Is there a problem with drivers maybe? Thanks a lot. Haris...
  5. System restore not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore not working: The problem is that I can make system restore points but they disappear from the wizard and system volume information>systemrestore folder almost immediately. I know this has been covered in many places over the years but none of those approaches works for me. I have...
  6. System restore is not working...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore is not working...: I am having an issue with my Windows 10 desktop. Starting from the beginning, whenever, I go out of town, I remove my HDD from my desktop, put it in an external case and hide it. I have done this many times without issue. I went out of town and returned on Tuesday. Tuesday...
  7. External laptop speakers no longer working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External laptop speakers no longer working.: I am unable to get my external Logitech notebook speakers to work from my laptop. They show up in my Devices and Printers in the Control Panel but I can't make them the default. They worked fine and now they don't. They are plugged in directly to the laptop. I have restarted...
  8. System restore no longer works

System restore no longer works: I cannot notice any restore points after Windows 10 upgrade. I have version 1809. How to fix it and get back to restore point? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-no-longer-works/e5576800-8588-4bd1-8c31-b7fcb9a01c7e
  9. System Restore not working

System Restore not working: Got a problem with the "Create Restore Point" function, it just hangs up the computer and needs TM to shut it down. This is affecting my Anti-Virus software as well as a software removal program since they both try to create a Restore Point before proceeding. I just tried...
  10. System Restore not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore not working: I've tried system restore at couple of points. Every time it goes through it's thing and says "you system did change, file not found, most likely do to anti-virus software. I disable my Kaspersky and still the same thing. It gave an error # 0x8007005. If I need...