Windows 10: System restore stuck

Discus and support System restore stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After starting a system restore, I have been stuck for an hour. My PC is mid-low end. It might be norton causing it. Could you please help me?Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZackPrasad, May 2, 2021.

1. System restore stuck

After starting a system restore, I have been stuck for an hour. My PC is mid-low end. It might be norton causing it. Could you please help me?Thanks

:)

ZackPrasad, May 2, 2021

2. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 2, 2021
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, May 2, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

System restore stuck

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, May 2, 2021
Thema:

System restore stuck

1. System restore stuck - Similar Threads - System restore stuck

2. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  3. Restoring stuck System Restore Point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring stuck System Restore Point: I had made a restore point for windows 11 but making a pc customisation but the customisation was not good. So, I tried to restore it from that restore point that i created earlier. But It's almost 2 hours and the process is still not completed. What to do???...
  4. System Restore Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck: Hello,About two weeks ago, I updated windows, and this resulted in my home screen blinking and me being unable to use my computer. As a result, I performed system restore, and that fixed my issue. However, the blinking happened again last week, I performed the system restore...
  5. System Restore Stuck

System Restore Stuck: Hello,About two weeks ago, I updated windows, and this resulted in my home screen blinking and me being unable to use my computer. As a result, I performed system restore, and that fixed my issue. However, the blinking happened again last week, I performed the system restore...
  6. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  7. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  8. system restore stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system restore stuck: system restore continues to load but will not end https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck/5c13ba7c-b71b-4996-8f35-7ff184ba8e72
  9. system restore stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore stuck: Hi I started a system restore but it is just hanging on restoring registry. It has been doing this for nearly 3hrs. please help thanks Val https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck/4ab32b0e-206a-4a6c-95e6-e05898a804e1
  10. System Restore is stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore is stuck: Windows 10 on a very recent Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series did an automatic update this morning. After that, programs kept crashing including parts of Control Panel. I've run System Restore to return everything to yesterday. However, System Restore has been running for two...